Home

Going Forward...

This is a discussion on Going Forward... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Going Forward...

How do you guys think 2K will market the game in terms of the future. I mean I buy Sports games every year so I can get the latest rosters and to see what improvements/Enhancements have been made. Madden has survived all of these years based on Roster updates alone for the most part. Perhaps 2K should 'hold a few things back" this year. They are going to have to make some pretty substantial enhancements every year without having the option of just updating the rosters. I mean I want them to come out Strong, but coming out too strong may hurt them in the long run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Going Forward...

Nah I cant see this hurtin them.We give them 2 many great ideas to create on
Old 02-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think they can afford to hold back. If they can blow the doors off of EA this year they can get a lot of sales by word of mouth. The review sites would be all over the game if it is that good which will give them the head of steam they will need if they are going to take on Madden. They will always have ways of improving the game but this first one on the comeback trail needs to be good so there are future ones to even contemplate.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Going forward they need to start showing us screens or giving us info about this game. People on these boards have wanted 2k football to come back and they announced it was. We have gotten nothing since then though. I come here every morning to see if I find a screenshot or ANY info about the game. Allpro2k8 had people wetting themselves with some news it was coming back. They should've given us something already. Way to spoil the moment AllPro!!!! heheheh. I'm just venting... I need something!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good Point Tim...It would be Great to see any type of information! I am thinking after MLB 2K7 releases we should start to see some pics and media.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #6
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWint
Good Point Tim...It would be Great to see any type of information! I am thinking after MLB 2K7 releases we should start to see some pics and media.

Even if it's info in text would be great.... I just want a snipit of info on what we can expect
Old 02-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

There will always be stuff to improve upon or simply add.

For example one of the most popular games that I can recall was NCAA 2003. One of the best parts was the atmosphere and the fight songs. While the fight songs were great, college football bands play covers and other tunes during the course of a game as well. This would have been a nice addition. But here we are 5 years later and the fight songs are pretty much the same. The same can be said for the announcing. It was great in 2003, but very little has been added since. Opps, sorry, didn't mean to go off on an EA rant.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

cardot: hawkeye here =)

anyway..... i want to see a digital walter payton plowing over people in their first commercial! What would be a better way to advertise greatness with greatness?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »