Home

Why is this thread so active?

This is a discussion on Why is this thread so active? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #25
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Why is this thread so active?

I've promised to not make it rain anymore so I've been let back in to most stripclubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd
EA, give the NFL back to 2k and they will surely give MLB back to you.
I don't think that is quite how it works

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #27
24fps

triplej96's Arena

OVR: 12

Simple answer for a simple question. 2k football and next gen = active thread.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

Well I have to say that I am very excited now about this game. I hope it is as good as you guys claimed. I now remember why I never played the 2k football series... it was because of NCAA 2004. That game was so good I was probably one of the largest EA fan boys ever at that time. So when NCAA 2005 was released there was NO WAY I was going to look elsewhere for a football game. But in '06 after the '05 debacle, I would have been looking but I guess it was gone.

Thanks for all the feedback and hopefully this game, if nothing else, brings new ideas to the realm of video game football like AI and history/scouting logs.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 3

The best way to explain why this thread/forum is so active is via the following:

Imagine if EA had snatched up the NFL rights one year earlier. We never would've known what NFL 2k5 would've been like. Without knowing what 2k5 was going to be, not many would've cared if NFL 2k5 was actually released. But, we were given the closest thing to football heaven and assumed we'd be given more and more every year.

Now, we are left with that feeling of what NFL 2k6 would've been like only because of how great 2k5 was. If this had happened one year earlier, 2k sports would be history. NFL 2k5 changed sports videogame history and EA didn't even respond to the challenge. They knew they couldn't compete so they swallowed the competition. Hmmm, is Bill Gates involved with EA?

Allpro 2k8 is what a lot of us have been waiting for since first hearing about EA's Microsoft-like buisness decision. I can't wait to play this game.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd
The best way to explain why this thread/forum is so active is via the following:

Imagine if EA had snatched up the NFL rights one year earlier. We never would've known what NFL 2k5 would've been like. Without knowing what 2k5 was going to be, not many would've cared if NFL 2k5 was actually released. But, we were given the closest thing to football heaven and assumed we'd be given more and more every year.

Now, we are left with that feeling of what NFL 2k6 would've been like only because of how great 2k5 was. If this had happened one year earlier, 2k sports would be history. NFL 2k5 changed sports videogame history and EA didn't even respond to the challenge. They knew they couldn't compete so they swallowed the competition. Hmmm, is Bill Gates involved with EA?

Allpro 2k8 is what a lot of us have been waiting for since first hearing about EA's Microsoft-like buisness decision. I can't wait to play this game.
i agree. while i liked 2K4, i dont think if EA sealed the market that year we would be hangin on to it like 2k5.
I played 2k4 and NCAA 04 that year, but when 2k5 came out i bought it and NCAA05 and never made through a full game of NCAA.
2K5 was a milestone in sports gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »