Home

Is 2k gonna make a college game also??

This is a discussion on Is 2k gonna make a college game also?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is 2k gonna make a college game also??

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
I don't believe EA has the NCAA football exclusive rights licsence but they do have the exclusive rights to all the bowls and the BCS. The last Sega VC NCAA football game did not have the bowls or the BCS in the game. They had to use different names for the bowls and BCS championship. Instead of "The Nokia Sugar Bowl" they called it the New Orleans Bowl or Superdome Bowl or something.
You believe wrong.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/603/603147p1.html

Quote:
EA Nabs College Football Exclusive
Put another long-term feather in the big guy's cap.
by David Adams

********>showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));d ocument.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : '');April 11, 2005 - Electronic Arts announced today it has entered a six-year exclusive agreement with the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), which represents the NCAA, to create and publish college football games. The agreement covers all consoles and handheld systems.

EA now has exclusive use of college football teams, stadiums, and schools in videogames, and will inaugurate the new licensing deal with NCAA Football 2006, expected this summer.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
I don't believe EA has the NCAA football exclusive rights licsence but they do have the exclusive rights to all the bowls and the BCS. The last Sega VC NCAA football game did not have the bowls or the BCS in the game. They had to use different names for the bowls and BCS championship. Instead of "The Nokia Sugar Bowl" they called it the New Orleans Bowl or Superdome Bowl or something.
that was many moons ago

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-28-2007, 02:00 AM   #35
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
...There are so many reasons why this game would be a horrible idea...
And yet you've stated NONE of them. Your arguments are flimsy and unpersuasive to say the least. A high school game would be still be football, and they could do a lot with it to make it unique, interesting, and worthwhile. Probably the biggest thing holding a high school game back is a license, either one from a league or a former football great. Even then, the appeal of football itself might be enough, especially if they built off of All Pro and saved some resources that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
And yet you've stated NONE of them. Your arguments are flimsy and unpersuasive to say the least. A high school game would be still be football, and they could do a lot with it to make it unique, interesting, and worthwhile. Probably the biggest thing holding a high school game back is a license, either one from a league or a former football great. Even then, the appeal of football itself might be enough, especially if they built off of All Pro and saved some resources that way.
I've stated none? LOL I've stated plenty including in that quote you chopped up to just put part of one sentence... not to mention my post before that. BTW, there are so many great reasons to make a high school game that in the last two decades that these football games have been made the market has been flooded by them. You sound like an innovator with a cash cow on your hands. Why are you wasting your time posting about it here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »