Home

Late Hits

This is a discussion on Late Hits within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Late Hits

I haven't seen this anywhere in the forums, but what about late hits? I have a feeling that this could be exploited by people online if it does result in hurting other players (IE- QBs and Punters/Kickers)...

Obviously none of us know anything about the game. But I would hope that at least in Dynasty/Franchise mode there would be a form of suspension for players that do late hits, etc. That is, if they cause major injury. Of course accidents happen, but I think suspensions and fines would be an amazing addition to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Late Hits

I think its just included for humor instead of anything serious. Just a form of trash talking your opponent after the play is blown dead. I could be wrong but I doubt that they'll allow players to get injured because of late hits. Hopefully, if it is implemented like you said, they do have some sort of penalty/fine system in place to limit abuse.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

I agree; it'll be interesting to see what VC's take is on late hits. Hopefully they'll take the more realistic approach where the team is penalized for the late hit as they are in real life. Would be an interesting dynamic; there are many times as players we get frustrated because a play happens and instinctively "dive" to hit a player after the play - would be nice to be forced to reign in that emotion, as players have to do in real life. For online games (if there is an online component), perhaps they could set it so too many late hits results in an automatic forfeit.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, i look forward to seeing where they're gonna go with this on the franchise level.

But I sure do miss the days of tecmo super bowl and hitting someone a few times after the where down.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

NO the late hits are meant to be taken seriously just like throwing while being tackled is. I think they are trying to "teach" things that other games do not. Yes you can throw while being tackled, but if you are not careful the ball is going to be up for grabs. Learn when to take the sack. Learn when a play is over. I think the same thing is meant for late hits. There will most likely be a penalty. Learn when to hold up on the guy going out of bounds. Learn when a play is over with. I'm willing to bet you will get penalized probably even thrown out of the game depending on severity. Now that would be hot. It is not a free for all like other games let you have it where you can unleash on a guy as he is going out of bounds even though the NFL will fine you for doing such a thing or you can unleash on a guy when he's already down ect. My hunch is they are trying to teach things about football that other football games do not.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-11-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I agree; it'll be interesting to see what VC's take is on late hits. Hopefully they'll take the more realistic approach where the team is penalized for the late hit as they are in real life. Would be an interesting dynamic; there are many times as players we get frustrated because a play happens and instinctively "dive" to hit a player after the play - would be nice to be forced to reign in that emotion, as players have to do in real life. For online games (if there is an online component), perhaps they could set it so too many late hits results in an automatic forfeit.
I think they will do this, but I've been wrong too many times to count.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I cant wait, im going to demolish someone after every single play when i play online.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
I cant wait, im going to demolish someone after every single play when i play online.
LOL shut up you CHEESA!! LOL Nahhh they will force you to be disciplined with it unlike some other games where you can unleash every play regardless of the parameters.

I think the late hits thing will be fun. You know how charged a person can get when you play dirty. But anyways, you know I'll be hunting heads

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »