Home

2K5, XBOX 360

This is a discussion on 2K5, XBOX 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #25
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2K5, XBOX 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopaluchie
I am not trying to start a hate letter but, I had 6...............YES 6 xbox's from the time they came out. I had them in plastic bubbles, didn't drop anything on them, didn't drop thm on the floor, or use them as a corner for my coffee table that had a short leg. All 6 of my games were broken by inferior ( cheap ) driver's that were defective. My brother at the same time was going through his problems with his ps2. They were putting in cheap laser eyes. He went through 4 systems. I didn't have insurence, neither did he. So he had to send it back to the company. He ended up paying $40.00 less than if he would have just bought a new system! The x-box was not expensive so when my system would crash I just bought a new one.

When the 360 came out I was lucky to pre-order one 10 months in advance. I got one of the last four out of 25 they had in their store for launch. The price was through the roof for this system with the hard drive. I didn't have the money like before floating around my house to pick up a 360 on a whim. My brother has still not paid the big money for the ps3. I got the 1 year warranty from the store. And 7 months in to the warranty it quit reading disks. I took it back for a new game and got another system which lasted 8 months this time! I am currently on my 4th. system and it is under the warranty from Microsoft. Only if I get the 3 rings of death.

It is just ashame that when you buy something anything you would expect it to last. Especially if you take care of it! Say you drop 1 mil on a car or a pair of pants, or a piece of jewlery, a home. And within a month to 7 months it quit working, or fell down, or it was fake, or the zipper and buttons fell off. Now also imagine that it happened 10 times in a row with everthing. IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT. I was told that if you take care of something, it should last you a long time. Not forever, but a long time. Between my brother and myself with our game systems have spent major money between his ps2, and my 6 xbox's, and 4 360's. I know we aren't the only ones.
My Xbox has been repaired 3 times for the same problems, although it hasn't had trouble in awhile it's already starting to make funny noises again. If it does go out again, I'm certainly not going to fix it, but I think I will buy another one, simply to play NFL 2K5 and NHL 2K5.

I haven't had any trouble with my 360, although I've only had it a couple months. I got the one year free replacement from EB so if it does break, hopefully I will get an newer system with the new heatsink they've put in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5

Is it really necessary to quote posts that are half a page long?
Old 08-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #27
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
Is it really necessary to quote posts that are half a page long?
For a second I thought you were talking about me, so I was a bit confused. Then I realized what you were talking about. A bit much I must agree.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
My Xbox has been repaired 3 times for the same problems, although it hasn't had trouble in awhile it's already starting to make funny noises again
Quote:
I am not trying to start a hate letter but, I had 6...............YES 6 xbox's from the time they came out... They were putting in cheap laser eyes.
i agree MS was horrible for installing those faulty first-gen thompson drives in the older systems. but if you had your system repaired/replaced 6 times no questions asked or no insurance after #4 or 5, you are kind of asking for trouble. Just a little internet research would have told you to pay the 10-15 dollars more (~$50 dollars) one time only for a fully bug-free Samsung or Phillips brand xbox drive that will last a million times longer.

i had the crummy thomson drive in my xbox too, but when it failed, i read up & learned i could save myself a TON of headaches & dollars by replacing it just once (& under $50) with a reliable Samsung... It was totally worth not having to repair/replace another thomson 3, 4, or more times. Sammys generally read every kind of blank over-the-counter media too (CDR & DVDR).

Even better solution: i cant stress this enough-- go to xbox-scene.com, find a local installer, & make your xbox1 "magical" there is no better videogame decision you could make... & I'm saying this AFTER Xbox1 is no longer supported w/ new games. That is how much better your system will be.. think of the difference between windows 95 w/ no modem & a high speed modern PC w/ blazing internet. It's just that good.

Last edited by puja21; 08-18-2007 at 01:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »