Home

how many seasons can you play for nfl 2k5

This is a discussion on how many seasons can you play for nfl 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: how many seasons can you play for nfl 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
I have the PS2 version...its been a long time since I've played but does the game create accurate fictional players? ie - do their abilities create any issues with gameplay? Are there enough of each position available to draft each year? I thought I remember there being some problems.

I'm intrigued by the idea of simming ahead 15 years to get completely fictional players if it worked out ok.

Well, I just simmed to the year 2020 on my xbox 2k5 and so far so good... Seahawks started preseason with 61 players (2 kickers and 2 punters even)... Seems there is more than enough players each year to keep the teams stocked up... the FA pool has 99 players in it as well (79 being the highest stat in there)...

So far I haven't seen any gameplay issues... I just started my season though... Will update with more info later if you want (stats, problems, etc)...
Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

I've been real happy with how the league progresses through the years. While waiting for Puja's rosters, I decided to start a Packers franchise. I simmed through 12 years in order to force most of the real players into retirement. From here I usually sim a few more seasons, but I intervene in the off season. It's my way of building a team for 3 years before I start playing the games myself.

The results have been very believable. I've drafted player that came in rated in the 80s and started, and I've had high picks turn into duds that never got rated past 80.

I did the same thing in Madden 08 on the other day, and the results were not as good. After simming 15 years, I stopped to draft myself. Even without gaining any scouting reports on plyers I was able to draft 4-5 guys that immediately started and had ratings in the mid to high 80s. It just seemed like rookies in Madden come in rated too high.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:29 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just finished the pre-season in 2020 on my game (stated above)... so far everything is great... I traded some of my extras to other teams via trading block and improved the Seahawks pretty well... It's kinda funny seeing the Sportcenter shows and seeing the Texans wailing on the Colts and so on...

The opponents so far are tough as any roster I have downloaded and tried myself... The Panthers played me in week 1 and served me up a 24-6 blowout at halftime... Then my defense took out their QB and I made one of those comebacks you love to see in the NFL and won by a final of 33-31... I love feeling like I could throw the controler at any minute LOL...

No glitches in Sportscenter on names during FA pickups and injuries... My team's top players are a Tackle of 99, a WR of 95. a kicker of 93... I have a few high 80's (QB is 88), a few mid 80's, a few low 80's... The rest are 70's and 60's (a few rooks are 50s)... Now I should point out I didn't start with all those high caliber players... Most of my talented 80's men were traded for (I had 2 80 FB's and a 76 fb, so I traded one 80)... The DBs were horrible, but I sprinkled a few 80's into their lineup via trades...

So far so good... Back to playing... I am doing this while waiting patiently for Puja's rosters as well... it's good to pass the time, nice to not live in the past, but the future
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »