Home

Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Coach Mode

Hey everyone I wanted to get a few questions on coach mode answered.

First off has anyone noticed that the Quarterback seems to have bad completion percentage, and an awful lot of interceptions. Also there's never any hot routes or anyone going in motion.

Also the Running backs seem to never break tackles. So far I've noticed 16 total in 10 games in a season I'm simulating right now.

Is there anything we can do about it or is coach mode pretty much a lost cause?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Coach Mode

capa is the coach mode guru. He probably has some of the bugs worked out.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Ratings...ratings...ratings...

I don't care how much you fiddle with sliders...coach mode cannot be made "realistic" unless you change ratings for all the players.

However, QBs are the ones which really make the most difference. Their Pass Accurracy and Pass Read Coverage ratings really need to between 90 and 127 (large attribute ratings in Finn's editor). However, QBs are just the start...every position needs "tweaking" for coach mode to play correctly, generate realistic stats, and to just look "right" for the on field gameplay.

I don't have the time to detail all the edits that are required right now, but will try to post something later or tomorrow. In the meantime, take a look at the thread started by Daflyboys where he details his take on adjusting ratings. It's very close to what I subscribe to as well.

Daflyboys' Tweaking Guidelines for '07

C
Old 09-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Attaching what I use as a guide for rating players for Coach Mode. To be honest, I think these ratings would hold up very nicely no matter how you play the game, and I do think they add a level or realism to the game that may be currently missing in Coach mode play, or cpu vs cpu.

Thanks to Daflyboys for his insights on many of the ratings and effect on the game.

The Sliders I use for Coach Mode are as follows (same for Human and CPU):

Blocking: 30
Passing: 40
Running: 38
Catching: 40
Coverage: 15
Pursuit: 25
Tackling: 0
Kicking: 40
Fatigue: 5
Injury: 6
Fumble: 16
Int: 0

These may seem way out of whack, but you have to remember just how slanted the game is to defense out of the box. You really need to up the offensive items and sort of slow down the defense. With these settings and re-rated rosters, I have seen 17-10 games as well as 45-38 barn burners. It really depends on the teams playing. Just watched the 78 Steelers beat the 72 Dolphins 17-14. Yet, yesterday saw the 81 49ers beat the 65 Bears (Sayers/Butkus) 34-10.

The last thing I want to mention is the choice of Playbook is pretty critical to the realism in the game. I find the Bucs, Seahawks, West Coast, and a personal Run heavy book hold up the best in Coach Mode. There may be others...but remember...sometimes it is the design of the play(s) that really help determine success or failure in the game. A lousy playbook (poorly designed plays) can be brutal to watch in Coach Mode...and chances are you'll see 4-6 INTs in the game.

All in all, it works for me...your mileage may vary...

C
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL2K5 ratings.zip (6.0 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by capa; 09-07-2007 at 09:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »