Home

Salary Cap space lost in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Salary Cap space lost in Franchise Mode within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2007, 06:48 AM   #1
Rookie

Benglez's Arena

OVR: 2
Salary Cap space lost in Franchise Mode

I started a franchise with the Cardinals, I made a fantasy team very high in salary cap, so I put my file in Finn's editor and set the Salary Cap to $109 millions, I transfered the file to my Xbox, and played 2 pre-season games, then I started to make trades to open salary cap space in order to renegotiate Matt Leinart's contract (in the rosters I used It had only 1 year remaining contract)

After I renegotiated Leinart's contract suddenly my Cap for 2004 was set down to $93.35 millions , and only had $7.97 millions of space remaining. I checked out all the other non user controled teams and they all have $109 millions as a Cap for 2004. I transfered the file back to the editor and checked the Salary Cap, and it was still $109 millions and the Cardinals had $23.62 millions of space marked in the editor. I changed the Cardinals to CPU controled team, and changed Tampa Bay to user controled team, and transfered the file againg to my Xbox, and then the CPU controled Cardinals had $109 millions Cap, and sure enough all the other teams including my user controled Bucs also had the $109 millions Cap. It seems that only when I control the Cardinals is when I lose that Cap Space. I also noted that the Cardinals proyection for the following years Cap is like this: 2004:$93.35m, 2005:$110.41m, 2006:$111.85m, 2007:$113.30m, 2008:$114.77m and 2009:$116.27m

The Leinart contract was balanced, 4 years 4.27 millions/year with 50% bonus, the only reason I can think of is maybe the CPU charge me for the complete bonus and took it from the $109 millions? But, why that situation doesn't reflects when the Cardinals are CPU controled?

What do you think?

Any help would be appreciated it...

P.S. Sorry for my bad english....

Last edited by Benglez; 09-22-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Benglez's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Salary Cap space lost in Franchise Mode

Just one more question: When you trade a player, the game apply the Penalty against your cap?, I thought that only happened when you release the player.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Salary Cap space lost in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benglez
Just one more question: When you trade a player, the game apply the Penalty against your cap?, I thought that only happened when you release the player.
Yes, when you trade a player you are assessed the same penalty as if you released him. This was the first 2k football game to get it right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »