Home

FINN.....I found a huge glitch with your schedule editor, version 3.24

This is a discussion on FINN.....I found a huge glitch with your schedule editor, version 3.24 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
FINN.....I found a huge glitch with your schedule editor, version 3.24

Hey Finn,

I found a huge glitch in version 3.24 of your editor that has to do with the schedule editor. Long (two day) story short. I started a franchise with my 2k7 roster and loaded the 2006 NFL schedule and without editing anything, it worked fine.

However, whenever I edit something in the schedule, a huge problem occurs after the season. I simulated the season and instead of having the option to "start playoffs", the option that appears is "simulate season" but the season has already been simulated.

Between week 17 and the playoffs, there's an extra week that says "week 18 / Rookie Signing Period 0, 2005". They are both overlaped with each other. There's one game scheduled but there's just black helmets with the TBD? lettering next to them.

I used my 2k7 roster and used the game's default season schedule (2004). All I did was move up the ATL@SF game in week one. I moved it up one spot. I then saved the franchise file. I have realized that as long as no editing is done with the schedule editor, the season will simulate the way it should but if there's anything that gets edited, the glitch occurs.

Also, you can simulate this non-existent game but the game itself will then freeze when you simulate the wildcard or divisional round of the playoffs.

Below is the franchise file saved on week 17 of the regular season. The regular season has already been fully simulated. You'll see the problem that im having.

If you still have the editor that you released back in June of 2006 with the salary cap feature, it would be greatly appreciated if you could upload that one on your webpage so I can download it.

Thanks Finn.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_2004.zip (311.7 KB, 5 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: FINN.....I found a huge glitch with your schedule editor, version 3.24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Hey Finn,

I found a huge glitch in version 3.24 of your editor that has to do with the schedule editor. Long (two day) story short. I started a franchise with my 2k7 roster and loaded the 2006 NFL schedule and without editing anything, it worked fine.

However, whenever I edit something in the schedule, a huge problem occurs after the season. I simulated the season and instead of having the option to "start playoffs", the option that appears is "simulate season" but the season has already been simulated.

Between week 17 and the playoffs, there's an extra week that says "week 18 / Rookie Signing Period 0, 2005". They are both overlaped with each other. There's one game scheduled but there's just black helmets with the TBD? lettering next to them.

I used my 2k7 roster and used the game's default season schedule (2004). All I did was move up the ATL@SF game in week one. I moved it up one spot. I then saved the franchise file. I have realized that as long as no editing is done with the schedule editor, the season will simulate the way it should but if there's anything that gets edited, the glitch occurs.

Also, you can simulate this non-existent game but the game itself will then freeze when you simulate the wildcard or divisional round of the playoffs.

Below is the franchise file saved on week 17 of the regular season. The regular season has already been fully simulated. You'll see the problem that im having.

If you still have the editor that you released back in June of 2006 with the salary cap feature, it would be greatly appreciated if you could upload that one on your webpage so I can download it.

Thanks Finn.
I will have a look when I get home.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Banned

Great, thanks Finn. I also emailed the file to you as well. Yes, im very impatient and since im on vacation for the next week starting tomorrow, im anxious to play the 2006 season with my 2k7 roster.

Thanks again Finn. Taking your time to check out the problem is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:49 AM   #4
Banned

UPDATE -

It is the editor. I downloaded and installed your previous editor, version .320 and loaded the 2006 schedule and edited it in the way that I have it listed on my wordpad document. I also put the salary cap at $102.50m. I tested it out in franchise mode and the glitch never happened. I used my 2K7 roster file as well as the default roster in a separate franchise and everything simulated as it should including the playoffs. Thankfully, I didnt have any problems.

And in 8 hours, it will be time for me to enjoy my birthday by playing with my 2K7 franchise file and dominate with the Eagles.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Hey Finn,

Thanks Finn.
Can you post a file that is the same scenario as above (saved after the season is over but before the playoffs, but done using the old version of the editor so I can compare. I still don't have access to my xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Finn, if this turns out to be unrepairable and we'll have to use the older editor for schedule manipulation, is there a way to have two versions installed at the same time? Is there a reg key we can delete and then install more than one?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Schedule glitch is fixed and a new version of the editor is uploaded (3.0.0.28). This version also includes a working version of all schedules from 2004 through this season. This version will not allow you to import schedule created in older versions of the editor.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Finn
Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #8
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

So does this mean the schedule that the History program creates won't work with the newest version? I am working on 1983 and would like to use it to create the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »