Home

another finns editor question

This is a discussion on another finns editor question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2007, 02:21 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
another finns editor question

when giving player names. the roster i am editing has a player with only the last name red. when i put the mouse over it it says ex: names used for dan smith and tim smith. The first name is not red but the last is , do i need to switch one of their last name to the smith in the name list that is by itself or will it know to say which smith it is. thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: another finns editor question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
when giving player names. the roster i am editing has a player with only the last name red. when i put the mouse over it it says ex: names used for dan smith and tim smith. The first name is not red but the last is , do i need to switch one of their last name to the smith in the name list that is by itself or will it know to say which smith it is. thanks
i'm not sure what you mean by "will 'it' know to say which smith it is?" ...if you are talking about the announcers saying the fullname for your player, that is a totally different issue called play-by-play or PBP for short-- it is completely separate from the first & last name (for instance, you could set the game to say Larry Johnson for LaDainian Tomlinson because names & PBP are separate items). The announcers will NOT say a first AND last name together for any names except for those which were paired together from the original roster. This means that for PBP, first & last names are NOT independent entities that you can just put together for the game to say aloud... For example, the mere fact that the names "Tiki" & "McGahee" are spoken at one point or another in the game does not mean that the complete name "Tiki McGahee" is a possibility be for you to choose (in fact, neither name is available for PBP separate from their original full-name pairings). Your choices for PBP include all the full-names of all original players in the game & a collection of ~1000 common last names (no first name tied to these)

someone already mentioned this to you tonight but again, all a red name means is this:
2 players share the name "slot." you don't have to "do anything" to a red name. it is merely red so you know that if you type over that name & change it something else (eg change Smith to Jones), everyone tied to that slot will also change. the first name is not red in your example because no one shares that slot. the last name is red because another player in the roster is also on using that nameslot

PS you should really think about having just one thread for ALL your questions...

...But more importantly, before asking questions you need to use the search feature. none of us learned everything in one night or just by asking questions @ every stumbling block. The absolute best way to learn is to try things first then SEARCH for answers to your specific questions. I have personally posted several very lengthy & complete diatribes on how naming works in the editor recently that could be found via search in moments... In fact, ALL of your questions to date have been asked & answered many times over.

Last edited by puja21; 10-27-2007 at 04:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »