Home

Advice for Beginner/Returning 2K5 Players

This is a discussion on Advice for Beginner/Returning 2K5 Players within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Advice for Beginner/Returning 2K5 Players

OK. So I used to play 2K5 religiously. I did so for two full years pretty much. After that, it kind of fell off of my radar because I was expecting games to get better and I liked NCAA.

Well I am looking to get back into 2K5. My question is, what all do I need to make it as close as possible to NFL 2K8? I've heard a lot about FlyingFinn's editor and puja's rosters & Franchise files. Assume that I have absolutely zero 2K5 saves or anything. (I do have an Action Replay and know how to use it.) What all should I D/L and what should I do with it? Thanks a lot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Advice for Beginner/Returning 2K5 Players

i would also like to know what sliders are best? i haven't found anything that "feels" right...and i don't like the kind where there are "rules" posted with them (no offense to anyone). any help on where the best sliders can be found? thanks!!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm kinda in your boat, except I'm only playing on 360 back comp. If you have an original Xbox, you should be able to work with the Puja roster and Finn editor on your computer and then Action Max it over to your Xbox (I think so, anyway)

But if you have a 360, we're S.O.L. for now b/c you cant simply transfer XBox saves to a 360 from a computer...unless you track down this $50 Xport or Xsata device that requires you to hook up your 360 hard drive to your computer.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #4
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
I'm kinda in your boat, except I'm only playing on 360 back comp. If you have an original Xbox, you should be able to work with the Puja roster and Finn editor on your computer and then Action Max it over to your Xbox (I think so, anyway)
I think you're right, but I don't know what I would need to do with Finn's editor or anything like that. If someone could point me in the direction of an FAQ?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

If you have an Action Replay you just need to download a roster such as Puja's, then load it into your game and you're set. You would need Finn's editor if you want to edit your own rosters.

So, load in Puja's rosters and you're good to go. Or you can download the franchise file he put out that will have this years schedule, however it's a rough release I believe and he will have a more final one in the future complete with real rookies in the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #6
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
If you have an Action Replay you just need to download a roster such as Puja's, then load it into your game and you're set. You would need Finn's editor if you want to edit your own rosters.

So, load in Puja's rosters and you're good to go. Or you can download the franchise file he put out that will have this years schedule, however it's a rough release I believe and he will have a more final one in the future complete with real rookies in the draft.
but thats just for xbox1, what about for the 360?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
but thats just for xbox1, what about for the 360?
He said Action Replay so I ran with it, haha.

For 360, all info and discussion you should find here...

Transfer from Original Xbox to 360 here is what you need
Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan

OK thanks. I see Puja's thread in the roster section. All I gotta do is wait for him to post a Franchise file and I'm good to go then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »