Home

Xbox Versus the XBOX 360 version

This is a discussion on Xbox Versus the XBOX 360 version within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8
Xbox Versus the XBOX 360 version

I have a old xbox and I am thinking of getting Components cables for it (HD)
Is there a huge difference in the quality of the game? Right now I am running my Xbox with S video. And it looks lack luster. The 360 version is so awesome, But I dont like having to unhook my harddrive to load the new rosters, especially when I am mostly just testing things roster tweaks.

Does anyone played regular XBOX in HD? How does it hold up to the 360 version? I would just buy the cable but its 59 bucks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Xbox Versus the XBOX 360 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
I have a old xbox and I am thinking of getting Components cables for it (HD)
Is there a huge difference in the quality of the game? Right now I am running my Xbox with S video. And it looks lack luster. The 360 version is so awesome, But I dont like having to unhook my harddrive to load the new rosters, especially when I am mostly just testing things roster tweaks.

Does anyone played regular XBOX in HD? How does it hold up to the 360 version? I would just buy the cable but its 59 bucks...
The component cable hookup for Xbox is pretty darn good. The player models don't look quite as smooth as say 360 2k5 on 720p, but it looks comparable to 360 2k5 on 480p. Plus, on the original Xbox you get a much better framerate.

I'd say buy the cables, but don't spend 59 bucks on them. Try to get a Monster Game Cable Gamelink 400x, it has component video and analog audio. I got mine on ebay, brand new for under 20 bucks shipped. Or you can search your local gamestop. I've seen Official Microsoft HD AV Packs for $4.99. I got one of those before I got my Monster Cable, and it works fine. If you've already got extra component cables around, or don't mind unhooking an HD DVD player or something, then this is a good way to go. If you have problems finding one, we can work something out and I'll sell you an HD AV Pack.

Excellent framerate+480p+custom soundtracks=NFL 2k5 bliss...the only thing I miss is using my 360 controller.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

I concur. You won't be disappointed if you get the component for regular xbox.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
The component cable hookup for Xbox is pretty darn good. The player models don't look quite as smooth as say 360 2k5 on 720p, but it looks comparable to 360 2k5 on 480p. Plus, on the original Xbox you get a much better framerate.

I'd say buy the cables, but don't spend 59 bucks on them. Try to get a Monster Game Cable Gamelink 400x, it has component video and analog audio. I got mine on ebay, brand new for under 20 bucks shipped. Or you can search your local gamestop. I've seen Official Microsoft HD AV Packs for $4.99. I got one of those before I got my Monster Cable, and it works fine. If you've already got extra component cables around, or don't mind unhooking an HD DVD player or something, then this is a good way to go. If you have problems finding one, we can work something out and I'll sell you an HD AV Pack.

Excellent framerate+480p+custom soundtracks=NFL 2k5 bliss...the only thing I miss is using my 360 controller.

You guys piss me off that you can even have the different TV's to make the comparison....lol. I you want something 360 controller-ish for the Xbox1, get the Logitech wireless.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

If you have the black box Xbox stick with it for this game. With hd kit looks just as good as what you'll see on 360 and much easier to get files to and from. You are not losing a thing by playing on first gen box.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

i'm not making the switch...still sticking with my trusty old xbox 1.

playing this game online means little to me, so i'm content with having both of my xbox's hooked up to my regular no-def t.v.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Go 360 man..****nning it in 1080i looks great..and the controller layout is better. You can snag and Xsata out there for <29$...I just found one at Gamestop, hooked it up and it works great. $29 is a small investment if you plan on playing this game for at least 2 more seasons...hell its half the price of a new game!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

I hookup my 360 via VGA connection to a LCD monitor. 2k5 looks almost as good as APF 2k8. I know for sure that it looks 10x better than the PS2 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »