Home

Games keep freezing

This is a discussion on Games keep freezing within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
MVP

mrlux's Arena

OVR: 15
Games keep freezing

It seems like 70% of the games I play at some point freeze and I am not sure why. Is it because I use rosters that have been updated for the 07-08 season or the classic teams that I downloaded from the net? Does this happen to anyone else and how can it be fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Games keep freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlux
It seems like 70% of the games I play at some point freeze and I am not sure why. Is it because I use rosters that have been updated for the 07-08 season or the classic teams that I downloaded from the net? Does this happen to anyone else and how can it be fixed?
Are you seeing this in exhibition or franchise mode? Are you running a modded Xbox? Do you play with the disc in the drive if modded? Are you on a first gen Xbox or a 360?

C
Old 02-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
MVP

mrlux's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm playing exhibition games with the classic teams from your files on NFL2K5Rosters. I am using a non-modified 1st gen Xbox. I think it may have something to do with the TV commentary because each time it happens there is a dialog loop during an after cut scene.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlux
I'm playing exhibition games with the classic teams from your files on NFL2K5Rosters. I am using a non-modified 1st gen Xbox. I think it may have something to do with the TV commentary because each time it happens there is a dialog loop during an after cut scene.
2 specific teams or does not matter? Could be a bad disc....

C
Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

that's almost certainly a failing DVD drive in your xbox. go to xbox-scene.com & compare the photos of the disc tray with yours to see what make/model yours is. the 1st-generation thomson brand drives (i think manufactured mostly in 2002) are notorious for failing over time.

i have seen a half-dozen cases of this happening (including to me) & this game is one of the first to start freezing when a drive is failing. maybe 2K5 requires the disc to be accessed more frequently than other games, maybe oft-used data sections are far apart on the disc requiring the lens to move more often/longer distances... who knows.

if you notice this freezing begins happening more often when you pause a game of 2K5 you know it's getting worse & can expect it to spill over to other games shortly afterwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
that's almost certainly a failing DVD drive in your xbox. go to xbox-scene.com & compare the photos of the disc tray with yours to see what make/model yours is. the 1st-generation thomson brand drives (i think manufactured mostly in 2002) are notorious for failing over time.

i have seen a half-dozen cases of this happening (including to me) & this game is one of the first to start freezing when a drive is failing. maybe 2K5 requires the disc to be accessed more frequently than other games, maybe oft-used data sections are far apart on the disc requiring the lens to move more often/longer distances... who knows.

if you notice this freezing begins happening more often when you pause a game of 2K5 you know it's getting worse & can expect it to spill over to other games shortly afterwards.
Agreed. I had a first gen with Thompson drive and had to replace...got it modded with new drive...4 years ago and no regrets/problems.

C

Last edited by capa; 02-14-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
got it modded with new drive...4 years ago and now regrets/problems.
now you have regrets and problems?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
now you have regrets and problems?
Ooops...meant NO regrets/problems...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »