Home

Any of you guys heard of NFL2K_History?

This is a discussion on Any of you guys heard of NFL2K_History? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Any of you guys heard of NFL2K_History?

I just found this place and was wondering if any of you guys had used it or heard about it.

You can read about it and download the old version here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeekp5y/id15.html

The release above doesn't work with Finn's 3.0 editor (it works with version 2.0 build 1.321), but I'll be releasing a newer version that will work with version 3.0 shortly.

The program set contains 3 programs.
1. A season content generator (NFL2KSeasonGen).
2. A Schedule maker program (NFL2K5Scheduler)
3. A program that reads the content and automatically inputs it into Finn's Roster editor program (this program is written in AutoIt http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/).

It contains NFL season data from 1960 - 2006.
Right now, me and another guy (Aaron) are working on content for it. I am currently working on getting all the Jersey numbers accurate and Aaron is working on player appearance data.

I thought some of you guys might be interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Any of you guys heard of NFL2K_History?

It's a known program around here for the most part. I'm sure there are some that may not know about it since they started to play the game again after the BC update, though.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:53 AM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

We all know it's yours and those of us that have it are pretty grateful for the work involved. I wish I could use it more for what I've been doing, but it has been pretty inspirational to say the least. The work involved....
Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Nice tool. I know Finn was looking to integrate it with his editor. I hope that happens. The teams still require alot of editing to get them "correct" but it does eliminate alot of name typing at a minimum.

C
Old 03-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
We all know it's yours and those of us that have it are pretty grateful for the work involved. I wish I could use it more for what I've been doing, but it has been pretty inspirational to say the least. The work involved....
So, what kind of work have you been doing then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Nice tool. I know Finn was looking to integrate it with his editor. I hope that happens. The teams still require alot of editing to get them "correct" but it does eliminate alot of name typing at a minimum.

C
Did you know that you can adjust the player attributes that are generated by changing the data in the TSB_DATA/PositionRanking/*.csv files?

Like if you like the way someone's roster file plays, you can extract the players from it (using the 'Extract Player Data' option on NFL2KController), sort them (by position into the various position.csv files) from best to worst and then NFL2KSeasonGen will generate players based on the new data.
It's mentioned in the README file, but I think most people don't read the whole README file.

If anyone has suggestions on how to make it better, I welcome them.

It's also nice to hear that people use it, I haven't had much feedback on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

C
yeah, finn actually told me he had contacted you (BAD_AL) to do a little team work back when i first posted the link to the program here last year

anything happen w/ you two yet to merge these two great tools?
Old 03-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I've created 1983 and am almost done with 1984. I used it to make 83, but then made so many changes that I ended up scrapping that roster and doing another from scratch. I used my own 1983 roster as the basis for the 1984 and I unadjusted everyones ratings based on performance, including things most probably keep constant like speed, etc. I found that easier than using the program. Of course, I ended up with a corrupt file and had to export and import all the teams to a new file, but that was a good idea anyway, since now I can adjust playbooks (which for some reason I couldn't do with the old roster).

Ive been trying to use the schedule maker because it allows for fewer games by the 4 teams that weren't in existence, but if you change the division line-ups, it reads them in their new slots and creates an incorrect schedule. Trying to figure out what team is where is a real pain and I've ended up just redoing the whole thing game by game myself. Unfortunately, you can only save the schedule if all 32 teams have 16 games scheduled in Finn's editor, so it puts me back to square one. I have a correct schedule, I just have 16 games (and usually a playoff team) from the four that didn't exist. <-- Which I find interesting, because although all four teams have the exact same players rated the exact same way, one of them usually dominates and goes 14-2 or something like that.

If nothing else, your history program is what made me do my first roster. You said something about not having much feedback- to be honest, I didn't think you were still "around".

Last edited by dophin26; 03-16-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
yeah, finn actually told me he had contacted you (BAD_AL) to do a little team work back when i first posted the link to the program here last year

anything happen w/ you two yet to merge these two great tools?
Finn messaged me on the 2Ksports forum message board in the summer, said that he'd add the ability to import the text data that NFL2KSeasonGen generates.
I've tried to contact him since then, but I haven't heard back from him.

I saw that he started updating his editor shortly after NFL2K_History was released and I assumed that he would be adding the text data input functionality.
Since it had been a couple months since his last release and I didn't hear anything back from him when I messaged him last I just figured he wasn't going to do it.

So I started working on a new version that works with his 3.0 beta editor (which also does depth charts and generates free agents).

After reading some of his posts on this board, I've gained some hope that he would code up that functionality.
That would be very good because in his new editor, the player attribute form takes longer to open (which ends up doubling the time it takes to input a season's worth of data.

I've used to to create the 1991 season, re-did every player including all the free agents and the roster loaded and it played without any issues (but I did use the original roster as a base).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »