Home

Year Pro corrected list

This is a discussion on Year Pro corrected list within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Year Pro corrected list

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
...would look stupid compared to how old the player is. Flutie was 42 in 2005 and putting him as a 12 year pro would make everyone think that he didnt play until he was 30 which is stupid. Putting him as a 20 year pro makes it more realistic because he would have been 22 years old when he was drafted
how is that more realistic to inaccurately list someone 9 or 10 seasons as 20 years exp?? flutie wasn't in the NFL for 20 years. he missed 8 straight seasons-- basically all the 90's-- to the CFL

and why would "everyone think that he didn't play until he was 30?" isn't that underestimating the 2K5 community? to the contrary, i would think that anyone who cares enough about solid sim FB to research & find these rosters, then pay to get AR or mod their systems to DL said rosters can handle subtle detail... that's why many leave Madden in the first place. To avoid dumbed-down details.

if you can compare DOB to exp you're intelligent enough to figure out a fractured career like Flutie... who prob represents 1% of these cases. I would guess most are guys like Antonio Bryant missing seasons or undrafteds getting start years after graduation rather than leaving to have a sep career in another league. plus, no one ive seen on TV or in videogames etc, adds 6 years to Warren Moon's NFL exp totals or 2 to Jim Kelly's & Steve Young's

i actually wasnt trying to make a big issue out of something so trivial.. oops. just a fundamental difference of opinion i guess
Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Year Pro corrected list

Quote:
The main reason why I dont take NOT playing in the NFL or being on the practice squad or whatever is because that would look stupid compared to how old the player is. Flutie was 42 in 2005 and putting him as a 12 year pro would make everyone think that he didnt play until he was 30 which is stupid. Putting him as a 20 year pro makes it more realistic because he would have been 22 years old when he was drafted.
Chris Weinke was drafted 29 years old his rookie season in 2001 for the Panthers - so why can't Doug Flutie have 12 years pro?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »