Home

3-4 defense sim stats glitch.

This is a discussion on 3-4 defense sim stats glitch. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
3-4 defense sim stats glitch.

hey. i dont really play 2k a lot but this is the first time i actually noticed it. i simmed a season with the steelers and when i looked at the stats i can see that only 3 line backers are getting stats while the 4th one gets only like 3 tackles or something.

this goes for the same with other teams using the 3-4 like the chargers and ravens. i mean donnie edwards and ray lewis would get 5 tackles a season.

i can tell the problem is that when the game sims it uses a 4-3 defense. is this a confirmed glitch? if so is their anyway to fix it. i understand if i play the games my team will be fine but what about the cpu teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: 3-4 defense sim stats glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
hey. i dont really play 2k a lot but this is the first time i actually noticed it. i simmed a season with the steelers and when i looked at the stats i can see that only 3 line backers are getting stats while the 4th one gets only like 3 tackles or something.

this goes for the same with other teams using the 3-4 like the chargers and ravens. i mean donnie edwards and ray lewis would get 5 tackles a season.

i can tell the problem is that when the game sims it uses a 4-3 defense. is this a confirmed glitch? if so is their anyway to fix it. i understand if i play the games my team will be fine but what about the cpu teams.
This isnt a glitch. 3-4 teams use 4 linebackers when running the base 3-4 defense but when they go to nickel or dime, their base defense becomes a 3-3-5 or 3-2-6. Below is the complete rundown for all five default teams that run the 3-4 defense -

CHARGERS
Formation / OLB / ILB

3-4 / 2 / 2
Nickel / 2 / 1
Dime / 2 / 0
Bear (4-3) / 1 / 2
Goalline (5-3) / 2 / 1
Prevent / 1 / 0

PATRIOTS
Formation / OLB / ILB

3-4 / 2 / 2
Nickel / 2 / 1
Dime / 1 / 1
Bear (4-3) / 2 / 1
Goalline (5-3) / 2 / 1
Prevent / 1 / 0

RAVENS
Formation / OLB / ILB

3-4 / 2 / 2
Nickel / 1 / 2
Dime / 1 / 1
Bear (4-3) / 1 / 2
Goalline (6-2) / 1 / 1
Prevent / 1 / 0

STEELERS
Formation / OLB / ILB

3-4 / 2 / 2
Nickel / 2 / 1
Dime / 2 / 0
Bear (4-3) / 2 / 1
Goalline (5-3) / 2 / 1
Prevent / 1 / 0

TEXANS
Formation / OLB / ILB

3-4 / 2 / 2
Nickel / 2 / 1
Dime / 1 / 1
Bear (4-3) / 2 / 1
Goalline (5-3) / 2 / 1
Prevent / 1 / 0

That's the default rundown for all five teams that run the 3-4. A team like the Chargers or Steelers will have their OLB's get more stats because they're featured more than the ILB's but the Ravens are the opposite because their ILB's are featured more than their OLB's.

Also, if you want to get the higher rated player with more stats than the lower rated player, make sure that the higher rated player is on the left side. For example, the Ravens ILB Ray Lewis is on the right side. Switch him to the left side and I guarantee that he'll get more stats if he's healthy because he'll be in on more of the plays.

Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »