Home

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

This is a discussion on STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
how long did u have to wait for the cable?
I called Microsoft on Sunday and received it Thursday. So 4 days.

Like many others in this thread, I have been unable to transfer files using Xport360 on Vista. Its odd because when I first plugged in the cable it detected my hard drive and its contents perfectly fine. Then when I tried to drag/drop, I got the circle with the slash in it. I unplugged then plugged in the cable, restarted the program, and now Xport doesnt even detect my hard drive at all. I'll let you know if I am able to find a solution.

Edit: Found a solution..posted later in this thread.

Last edited by chaseutley; 08-30-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 8

yes I can use xp or vista fine
Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #59
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

This is great, now how about a sticky for XBOX 1, tried to play 2k5 online and apparently the game is played underwater online on 360.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 13

i had trouble with the instructions in the first post......i was able to transfer everything like they said, but when i went into the game my save was not there.......alot of trial and error later i located this thread with the following post

i bolded the steps that were different in case anyone else has the same problem i had (note, this wont solve the drag issue with vista which btw wouldnt work for me either, lucky i have another pc with XP)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...les-360-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
EDIT....

After downloading puja's latest franchise, I realized that I left out a step. I wasn't sure how to edit my original post, so I'm reposting it as a reply, with edits.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, after a few attempts at transferring using the Xsata, I've finally got my franchise going. As I wait for the 1st season to simulate, I thought I'd draft a relatively quick guide for those of you using the Xsata.

This comes from a few different sources: hints in these forums, a tutorial on youtube and my own trial and error.

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of the Xport 360 software. You should be able to find it at codejunkies.com.

Secondly, go into NFL 2K5 and create a franchise game save.

I used puja's latest franchise file, so here's how it worked for me.

1. Download the zip file of your choice to your PC.
2. Once the file has been downloaded, right click on the file and select
"Extract Here." This will create a new file on your desktop (or in the folder where you saved the file) entitled UDATA.
3. Open the new UDATA file, and you'll find another file titled with numbers. Using puja's file the name of the file is 53450030. (I think all new XBox NFL 2K5 files are named this, but I'm not 100% certain.)
4. Go ahead and open up that file.
5. Inside of that file, you'll find a file of type datelinfo.xbx. Go ahead and delete it, then back out of the open file so that you're now viewing the closed 53450030 file. g This is the one we're going to transfer.

Now, moving on to the Xsata...

6. Disconnect the Hard Drive from the 360 console, and connect the Xsata. Do not attach the Xsata completely to the console! It's very difficult to remove once you do this. You can attach the HDD to the Xsata, then connect the Xsata to the console without actually snapping it into place.
7. Attach the Xsata/HDD to your PC with the USB cable provided with your Xsata.
8. Turn on your 360. The edge of the Xsata should light up. Mine glows like blue smurf piss.
9. Next, open up the latest version of Xport360 that you downloaded.
10. You'll be prompted to select a Memory unit. Select your 360's hard drive.
11. On the left hand side you'll see a listing of the contents on your hard drive. On the right side you'll see available software.
12. In the left-side pane, select Partition 3 > Compatibility > XBox 1 > UDATA
13. Go back out to the folder where you saved the downloaded file. Grab, drag and drop it into the right-side pane.

Turn your 360 off, then reboot and go to your system blade > Memory > Games and see if it's there.

If it is, boot it up and load the franchise/roster. Enjoy!!

Reply or PM me if you have any questions or comments.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #61
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
try this from NZ Buccaneer

360 - IF YOU CAN'T DRAG AND DROP FILES IN XPORT 1.07

I ran into this problem for the first time last night - very simple to workaround for me: go up a level (to the folder as opposed to the file level) and drag this entire folder to your desktop; check if the file needs renaming (e.g. fro *.ROSS TO *.ROS) and rename if necessary; open Xport with your HDD and drag the file across.

If this method doesn't work try going up to higher levels, or drag directly from Xport window to Xport window (have two instances running).
So is this method using Vista or XP? Has anyone using Vista had any success transfering the rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 4

The customer service / tech support guys at Microsoft - XBOX department are morons. I called them today to ask about the HDD transfer cable and the guy said "well what are you trying to do with the cable?"...I said I wanted to buy the 120GB HD and needed to transfer my files over.

He says "What version of the 360 do you have?"

I say "The Pro version (one that comes with 20gb HD)."

He says "The 120GB HD is NOT compatible with your version. It ONLY works on Elite 360's."

I said "Dude don't sit there and tell me BS. I know it's compatible,...can I get the cable?"

He's silent for about 10 seconds. I say "umm..hello?"

He then responds and says "I'm sorry but your wrong...the 120GB only works on the Elite."

I hung up and called back...spoke with someone named Michelle (very sexy voice) and she says "I'll send the cable out today and you'll have it in a couple days, and yes the 120GB HD works with your 360."

She didn't even ask for proof of purchase. Did not require me to have an Elite or anything. It may have been because I told her about the moron I spoke to before her.

Unreal.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
i had trouble with the instructions in the first post......i was able to transfer everything like they said, but when i went into the game my save was not there.......alot of trial and error later i located this thread with the following post

i bolded the steps that were different in case anyone else has the same problem i had (note, this wont solve the drag issue with vista which btw wouldnt work for me either, lucky i have another pc with XP)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...les-360-a.html
that step 12 is the exact same as mine...
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
So is this method using Vista or XP? Has anyone using Vista had any success transfering the rosters?
That was Vista SP1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »