Home

my mission to find 2k5

This is a discussion on my mission to find 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
my mission to find 2k5

i have 2k5 on the ps2, but the rosters that are a must have are obviously on the xbox version.......so my mission was to order the transfer cable, then find 2k5 in the store, and if not i would have to get it online.......

so yesterday i called MS and got the cable ordered with no problems.....the only question the guy asked is what i was transferring to and from.....i said from a 20 to a 120.....he said ok and i would have it in 3-5 days....YAY

now it was time to find the game.......i called around to a bunch of stores and shopped online......there were places to get it online, but i wanted to try and find it in store......it was looking rather grim since nobody had it.......so i went out today with low expectations of finding the game.......i checked blockbuster and they had 5 bins of old games they were getting rid of.......right away i saw my game......or so i thought.......it was NHL 2k5......the bastards! after that i thought, ok i will try EBGames at the corner......i go in and ask the guy.....he checks and low and behold, they had 1 copy!...1 copy, with the book and a very nice disc......for a 4 year old game it was in excellent shape.....i was very happy and even got home in time to watch the browns get beat up in pre season........now i am just waiting on the transfer cable from MS

popped it in and couldnt believe that an original xbox game would still have roster updates to DL......i DL the Jan 2005 update to use for now.......

i am just amazed at the differences between a 4 year old game, and a next gen game from 2008......i like madden this year and i think its solid......but the fact that 2k5 is still so far ahead in everything is just mind boggling......the only things madden 09 has that is better the 2k5 is graphics and player movement.......

i was gonna go on and on, but you guys know what im saying.....no point and repeating whats been said over and over.......anyways, i cant wait to get that cable and DL the current roster.....and i also want that 1979 roster.......you guys that made those rosters, my hats off to you.....i am excited to see what you guys have done

Last edited by Maynard; 08-23-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: my mission to find 2k5

Glad to hear you found the game. I hope you do get that cable when they said it would be delivered. I've heard that line twice, however, and never received one.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
Banned

i dont understand why you cant transfer rosters with the datel transfer kit and the memory card......then just copy the roster from the memory card to the hard drive.....
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

it took me 2 days to get my transfer kit from ms...grabbed the rosters and i was on my way...

here is a link for the software that will be needed

http://us.codejunkies.com/support/su...2&articleID=85

enjoy
Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i dont understand why you cant transfer rosters with the datel transfer kit and the memory card......then just copy the roster from the memory card to the hard drive.....
b/c it's not possible to store xb1 saves on a 360 memory card... diff file system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
Banned

yeah that sucks.......last night i looked at the save on my hdd and the only option it has it to delete the file where as the 360 saves have the option to copy and move......oh well, i just have to be patient
Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Everyone was telling me how great Madden is this year, so I went out and rented it. It isn't an incredible game, but the player movement is at least decent. But as you said, 2k5 is still lightyears ahead of Madden 09. Pitiful really that they still haven't reached the level of a game made 4 years prior to their latest.

Last edited by Falkon; 08-24-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 08-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

i had it original for PS2 when it came out. Sold it then bought it again when Madden 07 came out. Lost it and just bought it for XBOX for $1 with minimal scratches. What a deal. Now I need to save up for an Xport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »