Home

Secret to tackling

This is a discussion on Secret to tackling within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Secret to tackling

I am using GR18's franchise/roster setup. I've never seen more running backs break 2-3 man tackles, run to the outside, and then take it back for 40-50 yard TD play. On offense, my boys go down if a defender hits them with their pinky while being blocked. So either I am horrible at hitting the tackle button or I am missing something Fill me in!!! Btw, I love the work on the rosters/schedule. Much thanks to you guys involved with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Secret to tackling

im in the same spot with his franchise file.....i asked a few times for tips on stuff like this but nobody replies......

i decided to switch to default all pro and make adjustments from there......but it would be nice if some of the 2k5 vets would reply
Old 09-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Some tips would be nice. I was just taking control of Ray Lewis playing with the Ravens and RB's were just plowing through him like he was a feather. Seems if there isn't 2-3 guys gang tackling, they just don't go down. I also bumped up the tackling slider to full and really did not have much of an effect. I leave myself just pondering and scratching my head. Are these player rating issues??
Old 09-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Y'all need to go into the difficulty settings and lower the human or cpu blocking and running sliders until you get the results you're looking for. I believe gr18 has them maxed out, so they are going to run all over you. If you were to use the default settings for difficult level the cpu's maximum setting is 30, so his settings of 40 are really going to be juiced. He may have set them that way to go with his player edits, so you should just tweak as needed.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Guys shouldn't feel bad to put sliders wherever they need to be to get the game to play realistically. I think sometimes guys compare doing what they do with sliders in one vid game type to another. With this you have to go with what looks and feels right to you, even if it means lowering or raising something that looks a bit extreme. Also, the roster file type you're using will make such a big difference. That's what makes this game so unique.

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-07-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

One thing I was reminded of rather quickly when starting this game back up was the different approach needed on defense.

What I remember learning from these boards back in 04 was that the "tackle" button should be reserved for desperate situations. It shouldnt be thought of as a "tackle" button but more of a "desperation dive" button.

Good tackling results were supposed to be achieved by getting your guy in good postition and using "strafe" to get squared up.

You're supposed to run your guy into the ball carrier to trigger good tackle animations vs hitting the "tackle" button which results in arm tackles and dives that are easily broken or run through.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »