Home

Why is my Depth Chart issues not saving!!!

This is a discussion on Why is my Depth Chart issues not saving!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6
Why is my Depth Chart issues not saving!!!

I got a situation in my franchise where the CPU teams are using QB's,DT's,and DE's as punt returners. I have been using Finns editor and i have been going thru finns depth chart editor to change this. I change the cpu teams to a user team, then click the depth chart editor and adjust the depth chart for the teams with issues. then i click save. Then once it is all cleared up i transfer the file back to my 360 harddrive (using an xsata), just the same as i do with everything else i edit and then when i go play 2k5 the computer puts the QB's back to punt returners again?? WTF?? what am i doing wrong?? Do i need to do this "in-game"? considering that their are about 12-15 teams with depth chart issues it would take a long time for me to change the cpu teams to user teams and fire up the game for each individual team as "user" controlled to change it in-game. I thought maybe finns editor would allow me to do them all at one time in 1 edit, but if i have to do it that way then i guess i will. please do not respond if your gonna insult my intelligence, i know how to use computers and the 360 hard drive, and i know how to tranfer saved files. i do it all the time and it works for everything else besides the depth chart issues i have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Why is my Depth Chart issues not saving!!!

Ive seen that also, i think the cpu just puts who ever has the highest OVR as the returners. I havent found away to stop other teams from doing it, but if i switch OFF CPU set depth chart, I usually dont have prob on my team.

Ultimately I look past it cause its not like I win every game when I sim, so i dont think it factors to much. I guess my way of dealing w/ it.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Okay, first you need to release and re-assign all the QB's in the roster file that you're using via the roster manager.

After doing that, you should never see a QB returning punts again. If there's other positions like DE, etc., you need to do the same thing with them as well but save QB's for last if this the case.

In franchise, the CPU never keeps who you setup as the kick and punt returners but you can get around this by using FINN's editor but you need to do this every week.

After week 1 and while starting week 2, the CPU changes every thing on the depth chart but if you save the franchise and transfer it over to FINN's editor, you can setup the kick and punt returners to who they should be or to who you want them to be.

You'll have to setup the kick and punt returners for all the CPU controlled teams every week. Doing this for me has added an extra day to how long it takes me to finish a season. It was two days but is now three but I dont mind it because everythings accurate and I dont have to worry about getting pissed off.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask ad I'll help you as best I can.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Dan nailed it but that's one reason why I always control ALL teams in franchise.I don't play like many of you in franchise though.I only like to play an individual season as if it's just a replay of that season.I don't like random CPU roster moves.You can obviously still sim what games you want to and can adjust teams as you see fit,whether it be in the editor or in game.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Okay, first you need to release and re-assign all the QB's in the roster file that you're using via the roster manager.

After doing that, you should never see a QB returning punts again. If there's other positions like DE, etc., you need to do the same thing with them as well but save QB's for last if this the case.

In franchise, the CPU never keeps who you setup as the kick and punt returners but you can get around this by using FINN's editor but you need to do this every week.

After week 1 and while starting week 2, the CPU changes every thing on the depth chart but if you save the franchise and transfer it over to FINN's editor, you can setup the kick and punt returners to who they should be or to who you want them to be.

You'll have to setup the kick and punt returners for all the CPU controlled teams every week. Doing this for me has added an extra day to how long it takes me to finish a season. It was two days but is now three but I dont mind it because everythings accurate and I dont have to worry about getting pissed off.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask ad I'll help you as best I can.
thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback. i dont think ill be changing it every week. i love finns editor, but not that much. at least now i know im not doing something wrong. thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback. i dont think ill be changing it every week. i love finns editor, but not that much. at least now i know im not doing something wrong. thanks again.
No problem. The reason why this glitch occurs has to do with releasing and assigning players as well as the depth chart setup itself which causes several major problems (this being one of them) throughout the season and playoffs.

I still believe that if 2K5 had the same depth chart as 2K3 and 2K4, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

It's obviously up to you if you want to adjust the kick and punt returners every week but I believe that FINN did add an option in his editor that allows you to export and import all the returners but im not 100% sure though and you would be best advised to send him a PM asking him about it.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

There is indeed an import/export option for returners in the editor, but I never knew what that was for. I'm still not entirely sure actually, along with what exactly the import/export of the depth charts is for and how it could be useful.

Also, is there actually any way to edit depth charts in the editor or is that only for viewing them?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderland
There is indeed an import/export option for returners in the editor, but I never knew what that was for. I'm still not entirely sure actually, along with what exactly the import/export of the depth charts is for and how it could be useful.

Also, is there actually any way to edit depth charts in the editor or is that only for viewing them?
yes,at the tool bar select edit and 'depth chart' is listed.Select the position you want then select the player you want to adjust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »