Home

ATTN: Puja21, here are the two test files

This is a discussion on ATTN: Puja21, here are the two test files within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
ATTN: Puja21, here are the two test files

Hey Puja21,

Below are two test files that are from the 2004 NFL season featuring the Kansas City Chiefs and the Indianapolis Colts which actual team ratings from the 2004 season, accurate run/pass ratio, a few added players and player ratings based on the 2004 season.

Chiefs are rated 98 on OFF, 68 on DEF and 88 OVR while the Colts are rated 98 on OFF, 75 on DEF and 90 OVR. Below are the details -

KC
Pass: 561 (53%)
Run: 496 (47%)
Total: 1057

Total Offense: 98
Scoring Offense: 95
Offense Overall: 98

Total Defense: 60 - 62
Scoring Defense: 65 - 62
Defense Overall: 68 (23 / 22 = +2)

(23 / 22 = +2)
23 is the amount of games missed by the defensive starters
22 is the starting amount for defense - for example, it's like a multipication table chart for 11 - 11 / 22 / 33, etc.
+2 is the amount of slots the defensive rating was increased due to how many games were divided into 11, for example, 23 games were missed and 22 is the limit for two slot increases. 11 goes into 23 two times which equals the slot increases.

IND
Pass: 527 (55%)
Run: 427 (45%)
Total: 954

Total Offense: 95
Scoring Offense: 98
Offense Overall: 98

Total Defense: 65 - 68 / 70
Scoring Defense: 75 - 72 / 70
Defense Overall: 75 (19 / 22 = +2)

(19 / 22 = +2)
Same as above but because only 19 games were missed by the defensive starters due to injury and didnt reach the 22 game limit, I round it off to the closest 11 which would be 22 in this case and because of that, the Colts defensive rating gets two slot increases. If "19" would have been "15", then there would have only been one slot increase.

Hope this doesnt confuse the hell out of you. LOL.

Run / Pass ratio was from the following website -
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf

Notes -

All my global edits and dan edits that were in my 2K7 files remain the same except for the following -

1) All global edits that were set at 10 or 5 are now at ZERO. For example, excluding QB's, every player has the scramble attribute set at ZERO.
2) For CB, SS and FS, the catching attribute remains at 40 but the secure/hold ball is as ZERO as I want to see if this affects whether or not the DB's get more, less or the same amount of INT's as they would have if I kept this attribute at 40.
3) Aggressiveness is set at ZERO for CB, SS and FS
4) The consistency attribute is the same as the overall rating for every player.
5) The consistency AND composure attributes are the same as the overall rating for only QB's, K's and P's.

The LARGE attribute option was used for only one player, that being Colts QB Peyton Manning who was the 2004 MVP and Offensive Player of the Year. The MVP/OFF/DEF player of the year are given an automatic overall rating of 100 which is why the LARGE atribute option was used. If I had setup the Ravens, SS Ed Reed would be the second and only other player in which the LARGE attribute option would have been used.

All years pro, college, date of birth, HT, WT, etc. were verified using my football book - ATS Consultants' Ultimate Pro Football Annual 2005.

test2K5 is the roster file.
kc2K5ind is a franchise file that's at week 8 for the Colts/Chiefs game. Auto subs are at 5% for in/out. Injuries were turned off because I wanted both teams to be 100% healthy after simulating the first seven weeks.

Chiefs TE Kendall Gammon is set as their LS while P Steve Cheek is set as their Holder. Chiefs FS Jerome Woods was subbed into the goalline formation replacing Shaunard Harts. Colts TE Justin Snow is set as their LS while P Hunter Smith is set as their Holder. Colts SS Mike Doss was subbed into the goalline formation replacing SS Cory Bird.

The game is set at 5 minutes on Legend with the INJURY slider OFF. It's up to if you want to leave it that way or not.

Feel free to ask any questions about anything and I would appreciate it if you could pay extra attention to the DB's since I want to see if there's a difference between having their aggressiveness set at ZERO or 25. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_test2K5.zip (254.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_kc2K5ind.zip (310.9 KB, 3 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »