Home

Best 2K5 rosters???

This is a discussion on Best 2K5 rosters??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
Best 2K5 rosters???

I was on NFL2K5Rosters.com and I seen a couple different rosters available for download. Can someone tell me which one is the most accurate and has the fewest glitches. I've heard that PUJA21 has the best rosters, but his haven't been released yet. PUJA21 when your roster will be ready?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Best 2K5 rosters???

i would like to know this too... there's so many different roster files to download(for 360), yet know one says which are the best...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

You guys are going to have to investigate it all just like the rest of us did. I had to go through thread after thread to find out which one was best for me. Just download them all and try them out.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

I am working on a great NFL Legends roster. It will take me a little time to finish, but I think most will like it. Ive kept most players in the 80-90 range(going off a all time rating scale), but I have gave the very ellite named players 90-100 rating, with a very few of them having really big bonus levels in certain catagories to make them stand out on the feild as they would in real life(Montna, J Rice, B.Sanders, W. Payton, L Taylor, etc)

It really gives a nice feel to the game. I'm also making sure anyone with a last name in the PBP is set correctly. Any that arent say there numbers, while a few may say there first names. (warren moon=warren for example).

As far as photo's I wiped them all out and I used the generic and unkowns with no photo's for the faces. I did use the legend inknown playes with photo's(B.romanowski,michael Irvin,W.payton,etc) so those players will be 100% as good as it gets.

Ive also set the uniforms to the "hay days" default uniforms of each Team. So that the patriots uniforms are the most current uniforms, but the 49ers are from 89-90 uniforms.

Im also making sure every catagorey is filled in, so there are no in game freezes like many of the downloaded rosters are having.

After the NFL Legends roster is released, Ill put up my 08-09 rosters that I am also almost finished with.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

For what it's worth, I haven't started my franchise yet this year since puja hasn't released it yet. IMO, he's the best in the business, but there are some other really solid ones out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I heared puja's are great, but what about jsou's 08-09 file?

I would test them out but I'm still waiting for my harddrive cable in the mail
Old 12-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

does anyone know a roster for 08 that updates the coaches as well? i saw some dude on youtube change the jets coach from Herman Edwards to Eric Mangini......

or is there a way in the game to change head coaches ???
i have read the guide allready!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

That's a question that's been asked around here before and I think a more reasonable one is "what do the different rosters do" vs. what is the best, since "the best" is so subjective.

Each roster brings its' own unique addition to the game. That's the beauty of our little community here.

I didn't do a roster update this year do to time limitations, but I'll let you know what mine bring. You won't get realistic simmed stats in many areas during your season, so don't look for that. My goals were to try to bring a challenging and fun, yet realistic in-game feel and statistical output that was largely driven by getting the cpu QB's to perform more to their real life counterparts. I also have a set of "in-house" rules that I play by to again try to make it the most challenging and realistic experience.

I did talk to puja and he is okay with my providing a tweaked version of his set when I can get to it, so I'll be doing that in the near future.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by daflyboys; 12-02-2008 at 12:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »