Home

NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon)

I would like to introduce my league system that TarHeels helped me to create with the roster conversion.

The name says it all. NFL 2K5 Deluxe, a special edition version of the NFL 2K5 we are all known and accustomed to playing - now it is back! 2004-2005 rosters: extremely accurate, attributes reached to their approximation with the use of the Madden 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 SPD, STR, AGL etc ratings. Madden overrated a lot of players, but I fixed that - for instance if tackle Matt Willig on the Panthers had 85 Pass Block and 86 Run Block, he was rounded down to 65 Pass Block and 66 Run Block because he was not a major player and did not start. Strength and other attributes alike have been added to the lineman, they work great. So no lineman has 57 STR, they will all have their strengths from the Madden genre. (This has been great for the quarterback scramble issue, so it is a lot harder to get like 60 yards rushing with someone like Brad Johnson and depending on what defense you play against, Michael Vick can be rendered ineffective)

Using the Flying Finn editor, the Franchise mode is going to be a lot more indepth now. I am going to create a website featurette that will work side by side with the NFL 2K5, so you can manage Press Conferences and other games, such as a new mode I call "The Irrelevant Factor" which I will explain later. Basically, it will be the same run-down statistics - you will be able to hire and fire coaches at the end of the season or even fire them in the middle of the season like in real life. When you assign a defensive or offensive coordinator, you will have to adjust the Game Plan sliders - sounds like work, but well worth the effort for diehard football fans. Example of this:

I am interested in two offensive coordinators to run my offense.
Dan Hennin and Maurice Carthon.

I notice that Dan Henning likes the run the Inside more than the Outside and his passing likes to be short.

Carthon likes to run to the outside a lot more and his passing is deep.

I want to go with Dan Henning, so I will sign Dan Henning and adjusted my Game Plan sliders according. Now to make this even more real as if the coordinator is suggesting you plays, everytime you play a game press the "Computer Pick Play" button, the L1 button that randomly picks a play - might be a placebo but we will just say it is Dan Henning who is suggesting that play - and you have the freedom as a Head Coach to override his decision.

More about the Head Coaches, I will be uploading Playbooks for each Head Coach you sign. John Fox for example will be Carolina Panther's default playbook, as for every other coach. If I were to fire John Fox and hire a new coach such as Bill Callahan, I would upload that playbook and that will be the default book for the rest of the year. The offense would see significant changes aswell, his philosophy being more pass oriented than running the ball and I think he ran a West Coast offense? Anyway, continue.

When you play a Franchise mode, you have to control every team - yes I am sorry guys, but this is to prevent some wacky trades like having Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on the same team. I am going to come up with some random generator that can somehow tell you who is to be traded and a given reason - so if you see that the Seahawks are getting rid of Shaun Alexander (96 overall), then there will be a reason like "Sexual Assault" something to that nature. Just like the Bears got rid of Tank Johnson and the Titans got rid of Adam Jones. Stuff like the Ricky Williams early retirement can happen to in this Franchise, so just follow the generator - there will be logical reasons for weird trades so it doesn't cause an uproar.

Draft Class: I heard Puja did this for the 2006 rosters, if this is possible for me to create a draft class at the end of the year using the PS3 rosters - please tell me, I would love to implement this into my game and would do this for every season up until the 2009 draft class with Tim Tebow. Yeah, this will be easy - a lot of teams have suggested picks so picking for the other teams will be rather easy.

Sliders: I am creating sliders that will be for different types of games, whether it be snow, rain, regular season game, pre-season game, play-off game, Rivarly game, Play-off/Rivalry game, Super Bowl game, Pro Bowl game, etc - the sliders will make a huge impact and change of pace for the game. If Carolina plays the Bucs, the game is a lot tougher so there would be significant slider changes and accordingy for Home Field advantage. Just want to give it a realistic feel. Trying to emulate the NFL as much as possible.

"The Irrelevant Factor": In my league, this is a new thing I introduced to the Madden forums and want to Beta test it in the NFL 2K5. There will be objectives given to you at the beginning of each game for points. Say Week 1, Panthers play the Packers: randomly something will pop up and say that this no-name guy has to be a factor in the game: Panthers have Smith and Moose, so they will say "Drew Carter looked sharp in practice, lets use him. Get atleast 5 catches for atleast 7 yards and atleast 1 touchdown" Once you complete this milestone, post it on the website with proof and points will be added to your Profiler. The quarterback position is a tricky one.. I was thinking by using the Finn editor, before the game (not common), lower the durability rating on a quarterback to 1 temporarily for that game. This goes for teams who have another good QB on the team and at the beginning it will say "If Jon Kitna is injured in the game, the back-up will take over the duty. Get atleast 250 yards passing and 2 touchdowns for 25 points. If you win the game, 50 points." Now if Kitna is out for awhile, rock on with this quarterback and by the end of the year for next season a big Quarterback Controversy and battle in pre-season. Who ever has the best rating wins the job. Heck, if that no-name back-up takes them to the Super Bowl... that is your decision as Head Coach.

The Point Systems: Points will be used for signing and hiring coaches since in-game you can't really do this, you will be doing this all on the computer - think of the computer as part of the NFL 2K5 to manage your teams. Your record and revenue prices affect fan expectations and etc. Say you have 750 points at the end of the season and you fire John Fox and want to hire Bill Callahan who is worth 450 points - then you deduct the points and hire him. He will have a morale about the staff, if he wants new staff so do that or it'll effect the sliders a lot. If Bill Callahan has bad staff, the sliders for HUMAN PLAYERS needs to be lowered so the game is harder, but if he is content than raise them back. Just for realism.

House Rule: When scrambling with the quarterback, you cannot use the turbo button.

Anyway, that is it for now - I'll keep you updated. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The website is going to be phat, you will love playing this game. 2K is back.

EDIT: Sliders will also be adjusted for the coach you pick. You hire a terrible coach like Scott Linehan and place him on the Rams who are a very good team, the game will be harder to play because that coach is very bad - you win a lot of games, the sliders can be adjusted at the end of the year when he progresses which will be all website.

Also coaches might want to leave the team (i.e. Bobby Petrino and Nick Saban) and go to college - so expect the unexpected. This is going to be real-time football.

I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 10-29-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon)

Wow, this is extremely ambitious and interesting.

One thing I didn't quite understand; we control all teams in the Franchise, then we shouldn't have to make excuses for crazy trades, right?

Also, I'm sure most people won't want to play with 04-05 rosters, but that would not bother me at all.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
Banned

I just simulated a season with some of the teams I have finished for this league. I am going to have to custom make a playbook for the Falcons that has a series of Bootlegs and roll outs with quarterback draws just so Vick runs a lot more. I already altered Jim Mora's philosphy so Falcons run 65% of the time, pass 45% of the time. Vick's rating in my game is a 84 overall, consistent with what he should be, not a 90. He has 95 throw power, 69 accuracy, 61 read coverage, 55 composure, 99 scramble, 60 break tackle, 93 speed, 95 agility, 84 consistency. Those are pretty damn good approximations for attributes. Even in the season he threw like 2,800+ yards 18 touchdowns, 14 interceptions - but the running backs are beasts Warrick Dunn 92, TJ Duckett 86. I also hinted that rookie Matt Schaub is the better passer, despite the 76 overall. He has 87 arm strength, 83 accuracy, better read coverage and composure, but less consistency cause he is a rookie.

About the new rosters - yeah, I know that people don't like the old rosters, but these are a lot more than VC's final update. I have a majority of the current people in the 04-05 roster that are now popular in the 2008 season so you can just simulate through seasons till you get there and by using all the teams set them up when you get there.

Now with you controlling all the teams, you do not make the trades. When you sign up to the website that comes along with this game, there will be a trade generator that will tell you who goes where and for what reason. Somebody might just suddenly retire so you release them to the Free Agency (i.e. Ricky Williams). This is pure simulation football right here, everything is consistent - I tracked down the loopholes and fixed them up. Kickers will not miss from 30 yards away anymore. The quarterback scramble has a quick fix, especially with the way I fixed up a majority of the linebackers and D-lineman verse the inconsistency of the Offensive Line - so Michael Vick will not be able to get 100 yards rushing against the Panthers as opposed to the Detroit Lions.

Yeah, back to the Falcons playbook - I am going to have to create a new playbook for the Falcons and that current playbook will be Dan Reeves incase anyone decides to sign Dan Reeves at the end of the season. Well anymore questions or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #4
Banned

I just realized I forgot a whole bunch. I always think of this things at work while I am on the job, but never jot it down.

More Website Features:

There will be CONTRACT HOLD-OUTS, yes sir. What everyone has been waiting for. That big number 1 draft pick rookie you sign will hold out and if he does you cannot sign him till both parties reach a decision. He may hold out the entire season possibly, who knows and since you control all of the user teams nobody can sign him except you so thats a biggie.

Suspensions: If a player is suspended he is to be benched for as many games they say - another interesting one.

Press Conferences: basically you are given a questionaire, maybe like 5 - 8 questions and the quality of how you answer them you will recieve points to your bankroll. You can also journal in there, whatever - it is your database.

You the individual is the only one who can make this work, you have to abide by the game and not cheat it. If Peyton Manning wants out of the Colts, then he wants out - he will refuse to play so bench him. That is just an example though, don't expect that, ha.

It's a lot of work, week after week but it will set the tone of football being expressed, it is what everybody always wanted and its made possible in a 4 year old game.

To make it even more realistic, I am trying to figure out how to use the Weekley Preperation for this aswell giving you more command of the team.

i am just a dedicated NFL 2K player, this is my favorite game and doing whats possible to defeat Madden (even though they already lost )
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

does anyone know what the fu#% he is talking about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

^^^^LOL, hell I thought 2K was really releasing another 2K5. Nice ideas, but I'm too lazy for all that stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-30-2008, 01:45 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort22
does anyone know what the fu#% he is talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyXeLSL0II

JERRY: When do you intend to do this?
KRAMER: Ohh.. should be done by the end of the month.
JERRY: You're doing this yourself?
KRAMER: It's a simple job. Why, you don't think I can?
JERRY: Oh, no. It's not that I don't think you can. I know that you can't, and I'm positive that you won't.
KRAMER: Well, I got the tools. I got the pillows. All I need is the lumber.
MORTY: Hey, that's some big job.
JERRY: I don't see it happening.
KRAMER: Well, this time, this time you're wrong. C'mon. I'll even bet you.
JERRY: Seriously?
HELEN: I dont' want you betting. Morty, don't let him bet.
KRAMER: A big dinner with dessert. But I've got till the end of the month.
JERRY: I'll give you a year.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #8
Banned

I see we have some doubters and nonbelievers in here. It's cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »