Home

FYI found a direct wildcat type snap play in Patriots playbook

This is a discussion on FYI found a direct wildcat type snap play in Patriots playbook within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
FYI found a direct wildcat type snap play in Patriots playbook

This is something I found, thought maybe someone would be interested in it . I came across a direct Wildcat type snap , in the patriots playbook. Its called "direct H snap" If you look you should find it , I saw in a game i was playing with my son , I thought wow theres something i havent seen . I thought someone might be interested.
As a side note , I have heard it you make changes to your playbook , it can increase the problem of game freeze . just to let ya know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: FYI found a direct wildcat type snap play in Patriots playbook

a few of the playbooks have direct H snap... but IIRC it's not at all like the wildcat really. that play is not an option pass play-- it's just a standard run play off a direct snap to the halfback, no? the strength of the wildcat is the threat of run or pass & the confusion created by the QB lining up wide with the RB under center

on a sidenote, i am so sick of hearing mindless talking heads throw around the hot buzz word "wildcat." Two years ago everyone was on the jock of Tampa-2 with Lovie & Dungy getting to the championship game. Ten years ago it was LeBeau's zone blitz ooooo... before that the Buffalo K-Gun/Hurry up. I dont get it. None of this stuff is revolutionary; it doesn't matter which football team has success... all winning teams are going to have to use a strategy of some kind to win (even if it's simple like Lombardi's sweep running game, SD's off tackle to LT, etc).

It's almost as if the general public can only handle one nugget of football strategy at a time before it becomes "too dry." I hate watered down coverage from guys like Kornheiser, Turico, etc... Give me Jaws, Parcells, etc any day who aren't afraid to actually show some football knowledge
Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
a few of the playbooks have direct H snap... but IIRC it's not at all like the wildcat really. that play is not an option pass play-- it's just a standard run play off a direct snap to the halfback, no? the strength of the wildcat is the threat of run or pass & the confusion created by the QB lining up wide with the RB under center

on a sidenote, i am so sick of hearing mindless talking heads throw around the hot buzz word "wildcat." Two years ago everyone was on the jock of Tampa-2 with Lovie & Dungy getting to the championship game. Ten years ago it was LeBeau's zone blitz ooooo... before that the Buffalo K-Gun/Hurry up. I dont get it. None of this stuff is revolutionary; it doesn't matter which football team has success... all winning teams are going to have to use a strategy of some kind to win (even if it's simple like Lombardi's sweep running game, SD's off tackle to LT, etc).

It's almost as if the general public can only handle one nugget of football strategy at a time before it becomes "too dry." I hate watered down coverage from guys like Kornheiser, Turico, etc... Give me Jaws, Parcells, etc any day who aren't afraid to actually show some football knowledge
calm down puja, lol!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

lol

i just hate how they water down the NFL coverage
Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I use the Pat's playbook as the browns in my Chise. I ran that play and got -yards every time. I have more sucess runninig the split back sweeps with motion with a speedy back like Harrison..too bad the browns don't do more of this in real life!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ive seen the real panthers go to a direct snap from time to time , and its been hard to get yardage, Maimi seemed to really excel in this, I guess blocking is really key in having success.
However , the true key to being successful in this game is to mix up your playes , keeping the opponet guessing, just like in real life your passing will setup the run and visa versa. knowing what the opponets strong points are is a big help too. bottom line is keeping things simple, learning to master the basics will go a long way in this game .
Certain playes require timing of the quarterback , hitting a reciever on the bounce of the qb and on others when hes feet are planted . For the HB, it might be waiting for the block to develope, and/or following the blockers making the hole . nuff said for now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »