Home

Fumble Glitch

This is a discussion on Fumble Glitch within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
fli
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fumble Glitch

ok so i imagine this has probably been talked about on the boards before but i'll bring it up again anyway. when an offensive player fumbles the ball and the ball is recovered by another offensive player the play is always called dead even if the player who recovers the ball is not downed by the defense. in many cases the offensive player who recovers the fumble does so on a scoop and could easily gain yards but because of this glitch the play is whistled dead as soon as the fumble is recovered and the ball is placed on the spot of the recovery for the next down. but when a defensive player recovers the fumble there is not a problem as he is able to pick up the fumble and run with it.

this is the only major problem with the otherwise perfect 2k5 and i was wondering if theres anyway to fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Fumble Glitch

Never happen to me. Sometimes my offensive lineman will scoop up a ball and run or sometimes they will fall on it. I remember in 2K4 (not 2K5), I was playing a game online and I'm not sure if I remember if it was Jordan Gross who picked up the fumble and ran a few yards but the lineman gained yards.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
Banned

I am going into practice mode right now, 2 players. I am going to use the other (2 player) controller to back off all of the defensive players far away from my team on offense..... then I am going to do a run play to the right - press the lateral button so it automatically fumbles. then i will scoop it up with an offensive player and see if the practice is still going.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
Banned

Theory tested: All good, no glitch. Stephen Davis lateralled the ball, resulting in a fumble - scooped up by Jake Delhomme and he still ran.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
fli
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey thanks for your research. unfortunately this is discouraging news for me because it implies that its a glitch specific to my game only. i guess next time i go to the game store ill see if i can find a 99cent 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Was it under 2 minutes left in the half or the game? If so, thats why the fumble is whistled dead. Under 2 minutes, only the player who fumbles can recover the ball and still run.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:58 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Dan is correct-- the rule isn't broken.. you just didnt consider the time on the clock

2K5 was actually so dead on with this rule that they even have a Dan & Peter soundbyte explaining why the ball can't be advanced by the offense unless it's picked up by the player who fumbled
Old 11-22-2008, 04:32 AM   #8
Banned

I wonder if Madden has this.....probably not, in Madden 2005 everything was so bad. I don't even need to post that video link of the penalties and the cloak not being stopped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »