Home

Kick/Punt Return help

This is a discussion on Kick/Punt Return help within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Kick/Punt Return help

Video shows same move over and over again. Need to mix it up!
Old 12-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

evidently not since he took it for 6...
Old 12-15-2008, 12:31 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Heres a trick that I use:

1.) receive the ball, then start dashing straight, using turbo
2.) Try and make it so that the first defender that comes at you is coming at you straight on. As in, run at him fairly straight on.
3.) About a second or so before impact starting charging up
4.) When you're about to make contact, mash the right analog stick left or right to do spin move that bounces off the tackle
5.) Start running in the direction opposite of which you spun and use turbo
6.) Get prepared to use another move as it might be necessary. (there will probably be one or two more defenders that you have to beat) depending on your returner, use a stiff-arm, shoulder charge, or juke

it starts with the spin move that bounces off a tackle. it freezes all the computer defenders for a split second, as they wait out for the completion of the spin. after the spin move is done, the key is to run in the OPPOSITE direction of which you spun in. the defense will be a step slow and if you have a really fast return man you should have a good amount of distance to run. to get the TD, however, you'll probably need to make another move.

this method works really well on punts. you want to run to one side of the field and then bounce off someone. start running to the opposite side of the field and you should have distance up the sideline. on kickoffs this method yields a lot of yards but its a lot harder to return it for a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 03:47 AM   #12
MVP

^ditto

if i am swarmed on a PR i always go to the spin/bounce & reverse it. very effective
Old 12-15-2008, 03:59 AM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I dunno. I think the KRs are just right (I can break one, but not often...and rarely to the house). The PRs, however, feel too easy once you get used to it. I seem to take one back at least every other game.

One thing I do love about both though is that you actually have to be patient, wait for an opening, get behind blockers, and then bounce in or out from behind the blocks. It's a very realistic feel. I think the reason PRs become so easy (after some time) is that, as someone mentioned, the CPU has a tendency to overpursue on stick moves, giving you a better chance to spring out.

Anyway, try following blockers early and then spin or juke away from pursuit to create better spacing as they close in. That's what normally works for me.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #14
MVP

i used to take KRs back on occasion playing on legend or easier, but w/ pursuit more strongly favoring the CPU-- & sliders generally much harder than legend-- that is the one gameplay aspect i see suffering as you cant pull away from the coverage team unless they all get clustered together & bump into one another

i cant even remember the last time i took a KR back for 6 on harder custom sliders although i can still get maybe 4 or 5 PRs per year
Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 46

I've taken like 2 PR's back but usually some guys just don't block at all, even with hester i get shut down. On KR's I can barely get to the 20, it seems like noone blocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
& also as you play more under you VIP your blockers will start catering to your style of running.
Really?. this game continues to amaze me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »