Home

Why 2k5 is still the best football game ever made.

This is a discussion on Why 2k5 is still the best football game ever made. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why 2k5 is still the best football game ever made.

I’ve played the best game I’ve ever played earlier today, and felt the need to express my enjoyment of it.
I’m playing as the Pats on my franchise, we’re 2-2. I went up against the undefeated Seattle who are 4-0 with a very high power offence. The first quarter was a killer for me as Seattle scored 2 TD’s on their first 2 drives. I was able to make a slight comeback in the second by scoring a TD on a long jump ball pass to the corner of the endzone with under 2 minutes to go. Making the score 7-14.
During the kick off Branch was able to get a good run going bringing the ball to around the 45. Seattle drove the ball down to the 30 or so yards and kicked a field goal with only 5 seconds left. I went into the half and behind 7-17 with my spirit broken by a beautiful score at the end. Score was unchanged in the third quarter, and I got the ball punted to me at the start of the fourth. My first drive was text book perfect. My running game came to life in the fourth keeping my drives alive just enough to continue the drive, inching my way to the endzone. I scored a TD with Maroney on a draw play from the 10 yard line making the score 14-17.
Seattle got the ball back and drove the ball with depth passing down inside the 20. My defense stepped up and caught a INT on the goal line and ran it all the way down the field to give me my first lead mid fourth quarter. 21-17
Seattle not being out done drove the ball down and scored a quick TD. Their passing was killing my defense just couldn’t stop it. It was now, 21-24.
With less than 2 minutes left my offence was able to get just close enough to kick a tying field goal leaven only 2 seconds left, 24-24. My first time heading to overtime. I was nervous as my offence was struggling and me defense couldn’t stop the passing game.
I got the ball first and drove it down to the 35, inching my way forward with inside running and quick passing plays. I didn’t want to kick the field goal from that distance and felt I had a better chance of holding them back with my D. I punted and stuck Seattle inside the ten.
Seattle’s first play was a 30 something pass to J.Rice. I started to second guess my decision not to kick the field goal. I guess my D knew this cause the next 2 plays my D-Line was able to get back there and sack Hasselbeck. Now it’s 3 and 18 to go. Hasselbeck bombs one down the middle to the great J.Rice but he drops it, Lucky me.
Seattle punts the ball to Faulk and as soon as I get it I see and opening on the right side, I take it, spin by a tackle and turn to the side lines and watch as the white paint under me feet just speed on by until I hit the promise land.
Needless to say I was over joy and jumping around like I just won I million dollars. It was my first OT game, and my first punt return for a TD.
And then I started to think. Madden has never provoke this type of accomplishment. Madden never had me screaming, never had me jumping around, when I win in madden I don’t feel like I accomplished anything other than making it to the next level. This is why 2k5 is still the best football game ever made. When you play Madden you feel you’re playing a video game, but when you play 2k5 you feel like you’re playing a football game.
Just felt like sharing…………
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Why 2k5 is still the best football game ever made.

blog it
Old 01-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

impossible to stop the passing game? sounds like 2k5 to me
Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow thats funny last night I did the same. I havent touched 2k5 well since 05 lol and I have to say I was so shocked on how ahead of its time 2k5 was with the game. Now it has ai issues, but what im talking about is the animations and presentation WOW. What a great job they did with it, and imagine if they kept making football games, what 2k9 would have been like. Very scary.

With better AI this game would have been to good to be true.

I dont know why 2k wont bring a football game with fake names and 32 teams, and let us do the rosters and team colors. With a art editor like forza u can make any team u want.

Look what I did with Madden 08 on the PC, by adding art to a NCAA roster that was created for it.

http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa-2

http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa-4

I also made 22 NCAA 09 Bowl Games
http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa-5

The point is that even if a game doesnt have the NFL roster and art, as long as the tool is provided to do so it will be a success. The NCAA files that was created for Madden 08 on the PC are very much appreciated and enjoyed. I know we would enjoy a 2k football game with a nice tool editor, cause 2k has awesome presentaion, graphics and animation.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 01-03-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Just run one play, then watch it in replay. Nobody's just standing around in a crouching position.....lol....watch the pocket form...watch everyone pick up their blocks.......watch the receiver/CB interaction.....even watch the PROPER QB throwing motion. And again, this is a 3 year old game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Just run one play, then watch it in replay. Nobody's just standing around in a crouching position.....lol....watch the pocket form...watch everyone pick up their blocks.......watch the receiver/CB interaction.....even watch the PROPER QB throwing motion. And again, this is a 3 year old game!
Homie u are so right. I was there just watching the pass blocking , the tackling, braking tackles, the catches, and I was smiling from ear to ear on how this game was.

I could not believe how much this game had, and its old. Man the NFL screwed us with that exclusive crap.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Just want to add in the fact that 2K5 is four and a half years old and is STILL the GREATEST football video game of all time.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
impossible to stop the passing game? sounds like 2k5 to me
Sliders WORK in 2k5 unlike the Madden IQ. There is no way that the passing game is unstoppable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »