Home

Why NFL 2k5 stinks

This is a discussion on Why NFL 2k5 stinks within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Why NFL 2k5 stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
So essentially nfl 2k5 is comparable to Madden 09 in the way of all the unnecessary work the gamer needs to put into making it a realstic and enjoyable game
LOL. This guy is trollin to the fullest.

Mr. fanz, all, you must do is update the rosters. Because, well, it is a 5 year old game that STILL plays better than any Madden game

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
So essentially nfl 2k5 is comparable to Madden 09 in the way of all the unnecessary work the gamer needs to put into making it a realstic and enjoyable game
You have a point. On the other hand, if you want to play a realistic and enjoyable football game, NFL 2K5 is your only choice. It's a dilemma for sure.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Uh, no because unlike Madden NFL 2009, 2K5 is FOUR and a HALF YEARS OLD and because of that, the gamer needs to put work into it in order to play with updated rosters, schedules, coaches, etc. and that my friend is the difference. 2K5 is expected to need work because of how old the game is and because VC was never given a chance to develop 2K6 where as FOUR and a HALF YEARS LATER, Madden STILL has the exact same problems that it had FOUR and a HALF YEARS AGO which is funny because you would think that EA would listen to their huge fan base but they dont because quite simply, as long as all the Madden morons are willing to pay $60 for a roster update, there will never ever be any reason for EA to care enough to fix the problems that Madden still has which in itself is very very sad.

P.S. - you have the right to not like 2K5 but you DONT have the right to come here and bash an almost five year old game for no apparent reason whatsoever. I hate Madden and I can guarantee that unless it's to check player ratings, you will never ever see me in the Madden forums on this site, Gamefaqs or wherever else so do us 2K5 fans a favor - leave and dont come back.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Uh, no because unlike Madden NFL 2009, 2K5 is FOUR and a HALF YEARS OLD and because of that, the gamer needs to put work into it in order to play with updated rosters, schedules, coaches, etc. and that my friend is the difference. 2K5 is expected to need work because of how old the game is and because VC was never given a chance to develop 2K6 where as FOUR and a HALF YEARS LATER, Madden STILL has the exact same problems that it had FOUR and a HALF YEARS AGO which is funny because you would think that EA would listen to their huge fan base but they dont because quite simply, as long as all the Madden morons are willing to pay $60 for a roster update, there will never ever be any reason for EA to care enough to fix the problems that Madden still has which in itself is very very sad.

P.S. - you have the right to not like 2K5 but you DONT have the right to come here and bash an almost five year old game for no apparent reason whatsoever. I hate Madden and I can guarantee that unless it's to check player ratings, you will never ever see me in the Madden forums on this site, Gamefaqs or wherever else so do us 2K5 fans a favor - leave and dont come back.
I love the intelligence this game brings out. Said so very well.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #29
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Cause it has the 'Kavorka' and has to wear garlic?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #30
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I love the intelligence this game brings out. Said so very well.

lol...I don't know if there was anything particularly intelligent about that post. In fact, it seemed to me that he went quite a bit farther with the negativity than the Madden fan did. I'm not saying that to be insulting or imply a lack of intelligence by any means. I just don't think it serves as an example of how this game brings out intelligence (not so sure I buy that statement in general anyway, to be honest).

Anyway, it's not that I'm particularly concerned. I just enjoy the little humors of life like this. Generally speaking, when two people affect the same tone and are on different sides of a given argument, the side more agreeable to a third party usually comes off as more intelligent to that particular individual. No biggie.

I just think some people are much too sensitive about this little "battle." Truth is, the guy isn't that far off. You do need to put roughly the same amount of work in to make each game as enjoyable as possible. There is no fallacy in that.

If anything, it should be taken as more proof that 2K5 was ahead of it's time and is still a great game. The fact that comparisons are even made should tell people something (although I think it speaks more to Madden's failure than to 2K's success).

Also, none of that speaks to the results you get when that "work" is done. Like baa said, only one of them gives you an enjoyable and realistic experience when all is said and done. That game is 2K5.

He was also right, at least in part, on his original point. If Madden had some of the issues that 2K has then it would get DESTROYED. That's not to say it isn't deserved or that it makes what Madden has been any more palatable. It also, yet again, serves as more evidence of the gap between what 2K football was and what Madden was/is.

Anyway, that's just my 10 cents (I always seem to have more than two...lol). It's still a great game and I don't see how one guy making a few comments would damage that in any way.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #31
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I don't trust anyone that has a "z" in his name at the end.
says the man cool enough to use "da" instead of "the" in his name

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8

im not a madden fan, im an OLD SCHOOL madden fan, strictly past gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »