Home

Hot Routes

This is a discussion on Hot Routes within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Hot Routes

I have read several threads concerning Hot routes and it comes across that most of you guys believe using these is like some kind of cheat. Can someone please explain this to me.
Last night i played the Pats and about 80% of the time Brady would come to the line, read my D then change the play.
What is the difference in this and me calling a Hot Route after reading the Comp's D. Now i am not talking about doing this on every play as obviously this is unrealistic and i would consider this somewhat of a cheat but what is the issue with doing this say a couple of times per drive a la the comp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Hot Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
I have read several threads concerning Hot routes and it comes across that most of you guys believe using these is like some kind of cheat. Can someone please explain this to me.
Last night i played the Pats and about 80% of the time Brady would come to the line, read my D then change the play.
What is the difference in this and me calling a Hot Route after reading the Comp's D. Now i am not talking about doing this on every play as obviously this is unrealistic and i would consider this somewhat of a cheat but what is the issue with doing this say a couple of times per drive a la the comp.
I may not be the expert player some others are, but since I learned to use them correctly, I do so quite often. I don't think it's a cheat. If your routes all look like they are going to be taken away, you have to change something. If that is a cheat, quit audibling too, because that might change something. If anything is a cheat, its the computer lining up in the Bear defense on 3rd and forever when I called a draw or run.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Man, Dophin - you're making me think of so many online memories. I remember I used to confuse the heck out of the guy on Defense. I will press the button where he is calling Signals, but nothing is really happening and then I would sometimes audible and sometimes just Switch the play around so it looks like an entire new play all together... it was a fast paced Chess match.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

If you watch a cpu v. cpu game you see audibles, guys in motion, etc. all the time. It's hard to tell if the QB is calling a complete play audible or just hot routing a guy, but I think it happens. I'd say hot route away!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use them A LOT. It lets me pick a passing play in the formation that I want to run, and then change the routes as I see fit. For example I can call Hail Mary knowing from the start I am going to hot route everybody to shorter routes, if I want to get a lot of receivers on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »