Home

Pointless Thread

This is a discussion on Pointless Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Pointless Thread

This is by no means important, but I felt the need to vent. I got tired of the stupid phone icon on 2k5, so I figured I'd finally play the last celebrity and get it over with. It happens to be Funkmaster Flex. I am guessing he must have been popular in the music world or something when I was listening to country, although he has a car engine on his helmet, so maybe he is a car guy... I don't know, I don't care. I just know I've never heard of him and apparently the word celebrity is used much looser these days.
So anyway, I accept his challenge, since he apparently has nothing better to do than call me every time I start up the game. I have my mostly finished (8 teams to go) 1986 file loaded and figured I'd put him away with the Giants. The last celeb I played was loaded with guys from the 4 non-teams of the 80s and I whipped the heck out of him. Not so with FMF. I manage to get ahead 3-0 by halftime (should have been 10-0, but Sims threw an INT right before half in the endzone... thanks Phil). I have been dominating on defense with LT and crew. Third quarter, Joe Morris dives in the endzone and I'm finally up 10-0. No scoring until 4 minutes left in the 4th. All of a sudden they know right where I'm going and there seems to be 11 guys salivating in the hole I'm running to, just waiting to plant me on my back. FMF gets the ball, throws one pass to Charlie Brown (who wasn't that great that year) and boom... TD. I get the ball, get stuffed all three downs and punt it back. Three plays later Jerry Rice is smiling in the camera as he crosses the goal line and I swear I can see the the letters S..U..C..K..A.. being mouthed as he does. So now I'm down 14-10 in a matter of about 1:30 after he couldn't move the ball at all for 3 quarters. I get it back and my boy Phil decides he likes the guys in the other jerseys, so he tosses them a little lob pass and it's game over.

Now, I can take losing, I can even take losing in that way, but if you've ever played the Funkmaster (really, is he truely the master of funk and isn't that a title that would have meant more in the 1970s anyway?) you'd know how aggravating the guy is. He never says a word while you're playing. Instead he SHOUTS everything at you as though you were his 80 year old grandma holding an 1800s horn to your ear. And it's not coherent talk. I was waiting for him to pull a word out from Hammer's bag and shout out PROPER! Spit the marbles out and enunciate.

Anyway, I lost to him and now I'm going to have to go through it all over again. PROPER!

Last edited by dophin26; 05-03-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spelling faux pas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Pointless Thread

LMAO!!!...I know the feeling of having that phone pop up, I ignore it like a complaint about the dishes from my wife....lol.....Good stuff man, hope the 1986 file is coming along nicely....keep up the good work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »