Home

Weird Bug (using King's Roster)

This is a discussion on Weird Bug (using King's Roster) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Weird Bug (using King's Roster)

Hey,

So I've been playing an embarrassing amount of 2k5. It's a lot of fun, more fun than I remember, however I'm also encountering bugs that I don't recall when I played it years ago: Player stats. For some reason, the game only reports CAREER stats, not season stats.

(there was another major bug, but I can't recall what it is atm. I'll play the game a bit until it occurs to me what it was. )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Weird Bug (using King's Roster)

Yea, I think it's only on the stat layout during a franchise game. For instance, I've got 7 touchdowns on the year with Calvin Johnson but during the game when it shows his season stats they are completely wrong and it says zero touchdowns. After the game, in the overall stats and league leaders sections it has the correct stats.

Is this what you're talking about?

The other bug is the DE's returning punts during my franchise. It's annoying as hell but I heard a lot of rosters are having that same problem
Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
Yea, I think it's only on the stat layout during a franchise game. For instance, I've got 7 touchdowns on the year with Calvin Johnson but during the game when it shows his season stats they are completely wrong and it says zero touchdowns. After the game, in the overall stats and league leaders sections it has the correct stats.

Is this what you're talking about?
No. Under ESPN.com->Statistics->Player Stats. For the first 2 seasons or so it was fine, but after that it went crazy. (I sim'd ~80% of my games just to play around with the draft, so I'm around 5 seasons or so in).

I should add that at this point, League Leaders is also fubar'd; it reflects career stats, and not season stats. So far, Peyton has 3812 completions, 3 games in the season

Quote:
The other bug is the DE's returning punts during my franchise. It's annoying as hell but I heard a lot of rosters are having that same problem
I have the DE problem as well.

Oh, I just remembered the other bug: Power Rankings. Right now, they make no sense: The top rated team is 0-2 and I'm sitting at 30th with a 3-0 record.

Bah. I wanted to make a post about this at kingrosters.com but It won't let me register.

Last edited by raguel; 06-23-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i ran into this same thing ... are u playing on the ps2? ... i play the ps2 version on my ps3 ...

it ruins the game enough for me that i cant play the franchise ... or i just dont load the rosters and play with the original ones ... if you happen to find a fix or anything it would be much appreciated because this is the best football game ever made, bar none!

Swenk
Old 07-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm playing the PS2 version on the PS3. No fix as yet. I emailed "King" (I don't remember his name) the day I posted this. No response
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

this bug has been diagnosed & solved 3 yrs at least-- there's a fix

however, the fix must be implemented to the roster before starting any franchise mode's & requires Finn to copy the roster data on to a new file
Old 07-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
I'm going to try something later.....I am controlling all 32 teams in franchise. Maybe I can just switch the controller to my opponent and adjust the depth chart myself?
Old 07-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
this bug has been diagnosed & solved 3 yrs at least-- there's a fix

however, the fix must be implemented to the roster before starting any franchise mode's & requires Finn to copy the roster data on to a new file
Great. Do you have a link for the fix?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »