Home

backwards compatible software

This is a discussion on backwards compatible software within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: backwards compatible software

Buy any 360 magazine?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

yea but you have to make sure that it has the demo disk in it ... i got it at ralphs when i went to get some food ... in the magazine place .... but the thing that sucks is that i had to pay 20 $ so i think trying to find it on the xbox live would be the easiest for you but i have never seen it there ....
Old 06-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakraider
I received the backwards compatible software from Microsoft, loaded it in my 360 followed the steps and then loaded the 2k5 game disc but it still says I need to update my system to backwards compatible. I have a 20gb hardrive. I called Microsoft but they were not really any help. Anyone have any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong. Thx.
Go to xbox.com, type in backwards compatability and go to this section
Download and Create a Disc

The second method is to download a file from Xbox.com and burn a DVD or CD. This method is a quick way if you don't have your console connected to a broadband connection, or if you use a dialup connection to the Internet.
Follow the instructions and hopefully that should work, having said that you did get a cd directly from Microsoft so really that should have worked but still give this way a try and see what happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #12
Banned

i am sorry ... the only way i have seen it was like the one way with the xbox magazine
Old 06-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
Rookie

I am not sure why the software is not working, do you need a certain size harddrive? anyway I had microsoft walk me through the download and create cd way but that didn't work. The rep said that they had issues with the download, try back later. This is getting way to complicated just to play 2k5 but that was the only reason why I bought a 360 and also to play any new games that come out. Hey Duncan54 I purchased an xbox magazine that has a demo disc, does it have to be any certain issue? I will try this in the morning. Any one that has used the software from Microsoft feel free to let me know what I am doing wrong. Thx for all the input.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakraider
I Hey Duncan54 I purchased an xbox magazine that has a demo disc, does it have to be any certain issue? I will try this in the morning. Any one that has used the software from Microsoft feel free to let me know what I am doing wrong. Thx for all the input.
there shouldnt be much of a problem ....

just search through the menues carefully and tryto find backwards compatiblility .... i hope you find it !
Old 07-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
Rookie

Hey Duncan54 does my 360 need to be connected to xbox live when I use the demo disc for the update. I dont have a way to connect my 360 to my pc. I found the update on the demo disc I'm about to try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Banned

cool ... so when you download it you should see a screen come up and it will start download and just follow what ever it says and you should be set .... hope you play NFL 2K5 now ..... or soon!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »