Home

relatively new with this game, some questions

This is a discussion on relatively new with this game, some questions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
relatively new with this game, some questions

So I got the game about 4 months ago for the PS3 and I'm still having trouble playing. I get absolutely creamed by the CPU. My offense is simply horrendous. I have a franchise that I'm using with PUJA21's rosters I believe. And I'm playing on Pro for now. I guess I'm just so used to playing Madden so it's really screwed me up. Anyways, some of the problems that I'm having are:

How does the speed burst work? I had Reggie Bush get caught from behind from a LB when I was tapping it as hard as I could, I just felt so slow.

The WR drop a lot of catches it seems what are some ways to fix this?

What are the best rosters to use for the best DB play/ smooth animations? I hear a lot of people talk about the DB glitch and animation with the use of certain rosters.

There are also a lot of int and fumbles, what are some good sliders?

I think thats it for now. Thank you in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: relatively new with this game, some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
So I got the game about 4 months ago for the PS3 and I'm still having trouble playing. I get absolutely creamed by the CPU. My offense is simply horrendous. I have a franchise that I'm using with PUJA21's rosters I believe. And I'm playing on Pro for now. I guess I'm just so used to playing Madden so it's really screwed me up. Anyways, some of the problems that I'm having are:

How does the speed burst work? I had Reggie Bush get caught from behind from a LB when I was tapping it as hard as I could, I just felt so slow.

What are the best rosters to use for the best DB play/ smooth animations? I hear a lot of people talk about the DB glitch and animation with the use of certain rosters.

There are also a lot of int and fumbles, what are some good sliders?

I think thats it for now. Thank you in advance.

Husker.... you may want to search some related threads as well, but here's some short answers:

Tapping fast for speed burst is a true key. However, the pursuit slider is overdone imo and I play with it on minimum.

Improving WR catching can be a combination of sliders and attributes. If you're not going to change attributes, then you need to fool with the obvious sliders to your liking. Also, the timing of the QB drop step and the WR running the correct route comes into play.

DB animations/play has been discussed around here quite a bit. Short answer is play with Performance EQ on.

Without tweaked rosters, INT's are going to happen at a greater rate than in real life, even with the slider minimized. Fumbles are sensitive to the slider. Start at the middle and see what you get over a number of games. Of course this is partly dependent on the length of periods you play as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
MVP

Well, I'll give those suggestions a shot. One more questions, when I'm running the ball, should I start tapping X as soon as I recieve the hand off or should I hold X down until the circle lights up then start tapping X?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Well, I'll give those suggestions a shot. One more questions, when I'm running the ball, should I start tapping X as soon as I recieve the hand off or should I hold X down until the circle lights up then start tapping X?

Thanks
I'd like to know this as well. Does it help my speed burst if i hold down x and build up the circle first and then start pounding x?
Old 07-09-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Thanks
Its all depends, some people like to see if there is a defender in your way, if not they run around and once they are in the open field they light it up. My preference is to hold it down as soon as i get the ball, once its lit up i start to sprint. I run over the first defender, if i have enough time to light it up again i do, but if there is a defender near me i sprint to pick up the extra yards.

Check out my sliders, it fixes the pursuit problem.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html

Last edited by seb4774; 07-09-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Thanks
When the ball is handed off do not press anything until your blockers are set up, a general rule of thumb is to wait until you are level or past the LOS before pressing the speed button. You do not necessarily need to fill it up as a shoulder charge works just as effectively.
And as dafly mentioned the pursuit can be a killer in this game so get that turned down pronto.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Are you letting the CPU catch it for you?

If so I suggest catching the ball yourself by switching to the receiver and pressing catch right before the ball gets there... Along with pressing the analog stick in the appropriate direction.

The timing on this is important, because if you switch too early there's a good chance you'll break the receiver's "flow" and end up triggering an animation that takes the receiver out of position.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

Is there acceleration clock in this? Also, I had a franchise and got through a year and at the end I was in the playoffs. Everytime I started the game and picked a play for kickoff or kickreturn it freezes. I'm playing it for 360, edited rosters myself, and outside of that franchise the game plays fine. What is up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »