Home

dophins6's 20009 LIONS FRANCHISE (using GR18's roster)

This is a discussion on dophins6's 20009 LIONS FRANCHISE (using GR18's roster) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #33
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: dophins6's 20009 LIONS FRANCHISE (using GR18's roster)

I am not entirely sure of Johnson's numbers off the top of my head, but he is second to K. Smith on the team. I enjoy playing Detroit, but I am used a different playbooks. Not enough tosses and pitches outside. Too many fullback runs.

As for those guys each catching one long TD pass, I didn't realize it until the end of the game. I was too intent on stopping Peterson.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #34
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow,if you looked at the stats the past two games you would swear you would've lost the Seahawks game but won the Vikings one.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #35
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Cleveland's Not-So-Mighty Quinn

The Lions hosted the Cleveland Browns this weekend and found the Brownies have a ways to go on offense before they caan consider themselves a real threat. Brady Quinn started at Qb and looked confused for about 3 quarters of play. He completed just 42% and a good portion of those came when the game was all but over.

The Lions gave up the first points of the game when Kevin Smith fumbled the ball on a sweep and the Browns recovered on the Lions' 6. Why do we only fumble inside the 20 yard line? A quick 3 plays and the Browns booted a short 24 yard FG.

The second quarter was all Detroit. There were no easy yards though. Every 7 yard carry was offset by 2 carries for losses. The Lions put togther their best drive of the game, a 12 play pound-'em-out string of plays that resulted in Maurice Morris' 1 yard plunge. The Lions put one other good drive togther before the end of the half that consisted of 10 plays, highlighted by the running of Matt Stafford. Stafford complained of tight coverage all half, but noticed it left the middle of the filed wide open and so he used his feet to help the Lions to TD #2. The half ended 14-3 Lions.

Detroit knew they needed something more in the third quarter than they showed in the first half, because the Browns had done a decent just of shutting them down for the most part. The special teams stepped up. Rookie Aaron Brown to the opening kickoff of the half back to the house with a 102 yard return! Cleveland managed a field goal later and the third ended at 21-6.

The fourth showcased the only big play for Cleveland. Double-covered, Braylon Edwards had a step on the defense and turned it into 6 points. It was a 60 yard TD. The odd thing about that drive is on the previous play, the Lions' Daniel Bullocks had intercepted Quinn's pass, but fumbled it back to the Browns as he tried to return it. The Lions got a couple more field goals when the Browns went for it on 4th down, but the game was all but over by then. The Lions won, 27-13.

DOPHIN26's LIONS FRANCHISE: Game 10 vs. Browns

DETROIT LIONS: 27
CLEVELAND BROWNS: 13

NOTABLE STATS:

M. STAFFORD: 15 of 24, 127 yards + 4 runs, 54 yards, 1 TD
B. Quinn: 15 of 36, 221 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

K. SMITH: 22 runs, 61 yards + 7 rec, 49 yards
M. MORRIS: 5 runs, 18 yards, 1 TD
J. Davis: 22 runs, 39 yards

C. JOHNSON: 3 rec, 46 yards
B. PETTIGREW: 2 rec, 14 yards
B. Edwards: 5 rec, 100 yards, 1 TD
B. Robiskie: 6 rec, 70 yards
M. Furry: 2 rec, 29 yards

A. BROWN: 2 KR, 125 yards, 1 TD (102 yards)

NOTES:

* Glad I subbed Brown for Morris at KR. He looked like heII last week and I was going to take him back out, but decided to give him one more try.
* The Browns defense is really solid. Hard to move the ball on them. Davis couldn't get anywhere. I was always in the backfield on him. Their run blocking is terrible.

LIONS: 7-3 (1st)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #36
MVP

gr18's Arena

I've yet to see Brady Quinn have a good game.He isn't that great but I think the Patriots playbook doesn't work well with mediocre qb's.I'm looking to scrap their playbook in favor of maybe the Texans or some other original 3-4 team.

All in all it would've been close if not for that great return.I figured you would handle the Browns.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
MVP

dophin26's Arena

DESTINED TO LOSE

Ever have one of those games where you knew it didn't matter what you did, you were going to lose? This was that game. The Lions were one game ahead of the Packers and this was the game that could determine the division. Green Bay had already won the first outing, so Detroit needed this one.

There was no score in the first. Detroit got to the Green Bay 1, but didn't punch it in.

In the second, Detroit put together a nice string of plays and score on a Stafford to Northcutt 9 yard pass. 7-0 Lions. This is where the first "sign" came in. Green Bay got the ball back and in one play, Ryan Grant bulldozed through about 17 guys (a few came off the bench) and plowed his way 62 yards for a score. Uh-oh. I've seen this before. 7-7 tie.

In the third, the Lions drove 78 yards on 13 plays and scored on a 9 yard Stafford to C. Johnson pass. But, the extra point was blocked! I have been playing this game forever and this is the very first time I have ever had an extra point blocked. Ever! I had to save that replay. Uh-oh, bad sign #2. The Packers got the ball and, what do you know, it took a whole 2 plays this time to score. Rodgers to Jordy Nelson 64 yard TD pass. 14-13 Packers. Uh-oh sign #3. The third ended this way.

The fourth started with a Green Bay punt and a 75 yard TD return by Derrick Williams, right through the middle of the crowd. Hmm... maybe I'm not "destined" to lose. 20-14 Lions. Seven plays later, Rodgers competes a 36 yard pass to James Jones for another TD. 21-20 Packers. Three and out for me and BOOM!, a 55 yard TD run by Grant. This time he only broke 15 tackles. 28-20, Pack.

The Lions were not done. 8 plays later, Stafford hits Johnson for 18 yards and another TD! The try for two points is no good though. Uh-oh sign #4. 28-26 Green Bay. 3 time-outs, a two minute warning and a few plays later, Mason Crosby gives me hope as he nearly misses a FG... but doesn't. 31-26 Packers.

With 40 seconds and no time-outs left, the Lions went into desperation mode. A deep pass to C. Johnson for 39 yards... then an incompletion... a mid-range 17 yarder to Northcutt... followed by another incompletion. On the GB 20 yard line and 4 seconds left, I threw one up for C. Johnson. He has a step on the defender! The ball is on target! It hits him in the hands and bounces up, but he comes under it again... and then it bounces a second time out of his hands and that endes the game. Calvin Johnson DROPPED the winning TD pass without ever being touched by a defender. Packers win, 31-26.

Things that make you go Hmmm....

DOPHIN26's LIONS FRANCHISE: Game 11 vs. Packers

GREEN BAY PACKERS: 31
DETROIT LIONS: 26

NOTABLE STATS:

M. STAFFORD: 20 of 38, 266 yards, 3 TD + 4 runs, 19 yards
A. Rodgers: 9 of 15, 187 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

K. SMITH: 15 runs, 43 yards
M. MORRIS: 4 runs, 33 yards
B. LEONARD: 5 runs, 22 yards
R. Grant: 25 runs, 207 yards, 2 TD (He must be the best back in the history of football)

C. JOHNSON: 6 rec, 130 yards, 2 TD
D. NORTHCUTT: 5 rec, 67 yards, 1 TD
R. CURRY: 5 rec, 38 yards
B. PETTIGREW: 2 rec, 28 yards
J. Nelson: 1 rec, 64 yards, 1 TD
J. Jones: 1 rec, 36 yards, 1 TD

D. WILLIAMS: 5 PR, 98 yards, 1 TD (75 yards)

NOTES:

* Can you tell I was no pleased with this game? I shouldn't be upset, because the Lions are doing well, but this was likely for the division.

LIONS: 7-4 (tied w/Packers for 1st)

Last edited by dophin26; 08-12-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
DESTINED TO LOSE

Ever have one of those games where you knew it didn't matter what you did, you were going to lose? This was that game. The Lions were one game ahead of the Packers and this was the game that could determine the division. Green Bay had already won the first outing, so Detroit needed this one.

There was no score in the first. Detroit got to the Green Bay 1, but didn't punch it in.

In the second, Detroit put together a nice string of plays and score on a Stafford to Northcutt 9 yard pass. 7-0 Lions. This is where the first "sign" came in. Green Bay got the ball back and in one play, Ryan Grant bulldozed through about 17 guys (a few came off the bench) and plowed his way 62 yards for a score. Uh-oh. I've seen this before. 7-7 tie.

In the third, the Lions drove 78 yards on 13 plays and scored on a 9 yard Stafford to C. Johnson pass. But, the extra point was blocked! I have been playing this game forever and this is the very first time I have ever had an extra point blocked. Ever! I had to save that replay. Uh-oh, bad sign #2. The Packers got the ball and, what do you know, it took a whole 2 plays this time to score. Rodgers to Jordy Nelson 64 yard TD pass. 14-13 Packers. Uh-oh sign #3. The third ended this way.

The fourth started with a Green Bay punt and a 75 yard TD return by Derrick Williams, right through the middle of the crowd. Hmm... maybe I'm not "destined" to lose. 20-14 Lions. Seven plays later, Rodgers competes a 36 yard pass to James Jones for another TD. 21-20 Packers. Three and out for me and BOOM!, a 55 yard TD run by Grant. This time he only broke 15 tackles. 28-20, Pack.

The Lions were not done. 8 plays later, Stafford hits Johnson for 18 yards and another TD! The try for two points is no good though. Uh-oh sign #4. 28-26 Green Bay. 3 time-outs, a two minute warning and a few plays later, Mason Crosby gives me hope as he nearly misses a FG... but doesn't. 31-26 Packers.

With 40 seconds and no time-outs left, the Lions went into desperation mode. A deep pass to C. Johnson for 39 yards... then an incompletion... a mid-range 17 yarder to Northcutt... followed by another incompletion. On the GB 20 yard line and 4 seconds left, I threw one up for C. Johnson. He has a step on the defender! The ball is on target! It hits him in the hands and bounces up, but he comes under it again... and then it bounces a second time out of his hands and that endes the game. Calvin Johnson DROPPED the winning TD pass without ever being touched by a defender. Packers win, 31-26.

Things that make you go Hmmm....

DOPHIN26's LIONS FRANCHISE: Game 11 vs. Packers

GREEN BAY PACKERS: 31
DETROIT LIONS: 26

NOTABLE STATS:

M. STAFFORD: 20 of 38, 266 yards, 3 TD + 4 runs, 19 yards
A. Rodgers: 9 of 15, 187 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

K. SMITH: 15 runs, 43 yards
M. MORRIS: 4 runs, 33 yards
B. LEONARD: 5 runs, 22 yards
R. Grant: 25 runs, 207 yards, 2 TD (He must be the best back in the history of football)

C. JOHNSON: 6 rec, 130 yards, 2 TD
D. NORTHCUTT: 5 rec, 67 yards, 1 TD
R. CURRY: 5 rec, 38 yards
B. PETTIGREW: 2 rec, 28 yards
J. Nelson: 1 rec, 64 yards, 1 TD
J. Jones: 1 rec, 36 yards, 1 TD

D. WILLIAMS: 5 PR, 98 yards, 1 TD (75 yards)

NOTES:

* Can you tell I was no pleased with this game? I shouldn't be upset, because the Lions are doing well, but this was likely for the division.

LIONS: 7-4 (tied w/Packers for 1st)
A few things -

1) You always seem to give up big one play touchdowns which seems to be killing you. I give up those kind of runs/passes too but only when I blitz and either dont get the QB or miss the RB. Otherwise, its rare since I play 2 Man and play coverage.
2) At least you're tied with GB and not trailing them.
3) Minutes after reading about your XP attempt being blocked, I had a 40 yard FG attempt blocked in my quick game between the Titans (me) and the Jets in NY which was just like you, the first blocked (anything) by the CPU against me. I posted the replay for you to check out.

I lost 21-14. It was tied at 14 with under a minute but I threw an INT wand it was returned for a TD. I was able to drive down the field and had 1st and Goal at the 5 with 5 seconds left and tried for an outside slant but it was intercepted which ended the game as time expired.

I'm not going to post any stats since this is your topic. I mainly just thought it was funny that minutes after reading about your XP attempt being blocked, that I would have my FG attempt blocked.

Here's a question, what playbook is being used for the Packers? For the Jets, its the Patriots. (note - im playing 2008 season, not 2009)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_FGblock.zip (664.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #39
MVP

gr18's Arena

I'm pretty sure I have the Packers using the Chargers playbook.I wasn't thinking at the time that the Texans playbook had the 3-4 without the 4-3 as the primary defense.I plan on changing a few of the playbooks at next update.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'm pretty sure I have the Packers using the Chargers playbook.I wasn't thinking at the time that the Texans playbook had the 3-4 without the 4-3 as the primary defense.I plan on changing a few of the playbooks at next update.
You should switch to the Texans because the Packers best LB is still ILB Nick Barnett and using the Chargers playbook limits him to just 3-4 and Nickel where as he'll be on the field in both and Dime formations. Thats why I dont want to use the Chargers playbook for the 49ers even though it makes the most sense with Nolan gone and Manusky still there as the DC because the 49ers best damn defensive player, ILB Patrick Willis would be on the sideline during Dime formation plays and that to me, is a no-no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »