Home

Giving this a try again

This is a discussion on Giving this a try again within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Giving this a try again

I have no way to conveniently update the rosters, so I'm doing a little bit manually. In other words, I'm not updating everything perfectly (that would be impossible), but only key players for each team who I would recognize.

Hopefully if I can get this done good enough for my liking, the urge to get Madden 10 will decrease for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Giving this a try again

What system do you have and what dilemma(cords, memory card, usb) do you have/what are you missing to update rosters.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
Rookie

PS2.

I've heard you need to go the Action Replay route; even though there is a price difference I would rather just buy Madden than buying something extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai123
What system do you have and what dilemma(cords, memory card, usb) do you have/what are you missing to update rosters.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffman
I have no way to conveniently update the rosters, so I'm doing a little bit manually. In other words, I'm not updating everything perfectly (that would be impossible), but only key players for each team who I would recognize.
Cool, that's pretty much what I do and it works for me. And if I don't know the player by name, I don't care which team he plays on! Saves a lot of roster editing. As for your urge: I rented Madden and it's nice that I can actually look at that game and enjoy it visually for once. The 2K-like cutscenes are a great touch as well. Tons of broken gameplay, but maybe worth a rental for you, just to see.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Rookie

I'll try to finish up my roster changes in an hour or so and give the gameplay a go.

For many of the guys I'm simply editing the player name and tweaking a few stats on the fly right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Cool, that's pretty much what I do and it works for me. And if I don't know the player by name, I don't care which team he plays on! Saves a lot of roster editing. As for your urge: I rented Madden and it's nice that I can actually look at that game and enjoy it visually for once. The 2K-like cutscenes are a great touch as well. Tons of broken gameplay, but maybe worth a rental for you, just to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Rookie

So far I've noticed some weird decisions by the CPU regarding who to start. Starting a lower-stat guy over a superstar I placed on the team, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffman
I'll try to finish up my roster changes in an hour or so and give the gameplay a go.

For many of the guys I'm simply editing the player name and tweaking a few stats on the fly right now.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

You need to manually edit depth charts as well.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah I figured that out last night. I'll probably mess with the roster a bit more tonight (get a few more guys in) and work with the depth charts once again.

I was shocked by one of the replays on the "SportsCenter" show last night. Fred Taylor (appropriately playing for the Pats) took a 60ish yard run for a touchdown, edging the sideline. Berman commented:

"Yes, the refs said his feet were in bounds!"

Pretty amazing. Depending on how deep I get into NFL2k5 tomorrow I might or might not get Madden Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You need to manually edit depth charts as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »