Home

Shock and Awe

This is a discussion on Shock and Awe within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Shock and Awe

My first child was born in 2004. I really didn't get a chance to play NFL2K5 back then even though I did purchase it ($20 big deal). Well after getting myself hyped about Madden '10 and then experiencing the big letdown I figured I'd put 2K5 in.

MY GOD!! What that team did 5 years ago is just amazing. My poor wife, I can't shut up about it. The gameplay, animations, atmosphere. Highlights !?! Holy $$$$.

I told her I'm glad I didn't play it 5 years ago. I would have been devastated when the exclusive was announced.

As it was I discovered APF2K8 and loved it. My first sports game to last me more than 6 months.

Folks this game will come back. I don't know when but it will. Geez it was 5 years ahead of its time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Shock and Awe

Welcome to REAL NFL Football! THis is why we have raved about this game for so long! And why we want 2K to be able to make NFL games again. The license is not being properly used by EA.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
My first child was born in 2004. I really didn't get a chance to play NFL2K5 back then even though I did purchase it ($20 big deal). Well after getting myself hyped about Madden '10 and then experiencing the big letdown I figured I'd put 2K5 in.

MY GOD!! What that team did 5 years ago is just amazing. My poor wife, I can't shut up about it. The gameplay, animations, atmosphere. Highlights !?! Holy $$$$.

I told her I'm glad I didn't play it 5 years ago. I would have been devastated when the exclusive was announced.

As it was I discovered APF2K8 and loved it. My first sports game to last me more than 6 months.

Folks this game will come back. I don't know when but it will. Geez it was 5 years ahead of its time.
Welcome to the 2K5 forum.

Amazingly, I didnt really care for APF 2K8. A few things were cool but it obviously didnt surpass 2K5. 2K5 still does so many things better than Madden 2010 and after five years, thats just beyond sad.

Enjoy the game and feel fee to ask any questions that you may have and we'll (me and the other 2K5 faithful) try to answer them.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
The license is not being properly used by EA.
Both of them. NFL license and ESPN license.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Both of them. NFL license and ESPN license.
You are absolutely right!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Welcome to the 2K5 forum.

Enjoy the game and feel fee to ask any questions that you may have and we'll (me and the other 2K5 faithful) try to answer them.

What do I need to be able to get updated rosters? Is there a link you can point me to?

Not that I mind playing with Grossman instead of Culter, perhaps I can turn him into a winner.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Y'all haven't seen the 'shock and awe' until you play NY Giants and during the intermission, you see the view of New York.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai123
Y'all haven't seen the 'shock and awe' until you play NY Giants and during the intermission, you see the view of New York.
That also works when playing against the Jets and its usually between the 1st and 2nd quarter when they show all the buildings and the GW bridge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »