Home

Picking it up tomorrow for .99 cents!

This is a discussion on Picking it up tomorrow for .99 cents! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Thumbs up Picking it up tomorrow for .99 cents!

Well you all have convinced me. I'm buying 2k5 tomorrow even after buying madden 10.

I'm amazed at the support this game has gotten an still gets! Really roste updates 4 years later? Stadium sounds, slider tweaks, cyber faces? It's like buying 2k10!

I originally bought it for xbox 4 years ago but for some reason hated it. I really don't remember it at all, just I didn't like it. But, I was 17 years young then and now I'm four years wiser (or 4 years more fed up with ea). I'm craving realistic stats and sim style play so I'll give it another go. It'll take some time giving up beautiful HD graphics for last gen ones but if the gameplay is good I won't care. Plus it's always fun to have a vintage roster.

Keep up the good work and support!
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Picking it up tomorrow for .99 cents!

Enjoy! Even at it's full price of 19.99 at release, it's still the best value in sports games ever. I still have two copies myself, a 'player' and a backup copy

I actually really like Madden this year as well (though we have a great thread for that: Madden vs 2k thread on this board, so I won't go into details).

2k5 still has Madden beat in a couple of areas, mostly in presentation. AMAZING how it's held up...and on my high def, 1080p set, I think it still looks good due to the details and animations. It's aged very gracefully. M10 looks better, but not by THAT much to my eye.

Please post your new impressions of 2K5 after you get a few games in, superjew887!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I'll be getting mine within the hour for $1.99.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

I snagged two copies at Gamestop a few months ago for a buck apiece. Haven't touched the game since, but after reading this board, I can't wait to get home and fire it up. I gotta the new rosters though for sure.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Picked up a copy almost one year ago to the day for 49 cents (50 percent off the regular 99 cent price at GameStop -- how can you beat that?) after becoming totally disenchanted, disheartened, enraged, outraged and just slightly upset about Madden 09.

One of the things I really like about the weekly recap -- in addition to the highlights shown from 3-4 games -- is the detailed stats and leaders they show from each game, leaving them on the screen long enough so you can actually read them.

Unbelievable how Madden 10 wasn't able to figure this out, the way it zips through the scores and the top performances, barely enabling you to read two or three.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Rookie

bluemj32's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, I just picked up a copy about a month ago, I was always a madden guy until last yr. I actually enjoyed head coach more than madden. I never gave 2k a fair shot for football and I am so disappointed that I did not support it earlier. This game is truly amazing every time I stick it in, now its not perfect but what sports video game is? The camera angles are amazing, the commentary is the best I have heard in a sports game that I have played and the actual game play is on point for the most part. It was truly ahead of its time.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
I originally bought it for xbox 4 years ago but for some reason hated it. I really don't remember it at all, just I didn't like it.
This is a game that really takes time to like IMO. I originally played it back when it was released and had a lot of fun playing against my friends and stuff but I bought it about a year ago and did not enjoy it at all(wasn't helping that I got beat down 80-14 by the cpu). But, I decided to play it a few months later and got hooked on it, and had a pretty fun season playing with the Bengals.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
One of the things I really like about the weekly recap -- in addition to the highlights shown from 3-4 games -- is the detailed stats and leaders they show from each game, leaving them on the screen long enough so you can actually read them.
And sometimes when you go back in and run it again, you'll see several different highlights that you haven't seen before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »