Home

PlayStation 2 Action Replay Max Drive question

This is a discussion on PlayStation 2 Action Replay Max Drive question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: PlayStation 2 Action Replay Max Drive question

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!

I finally figured it out. YAY!!!

Here's what I was doing wrong -

Since every file on the Max Drive is automatically crushed (compressed) and must be uncrushed, I kept uncrushing the file from the MD to the MC. This time, I simply copied the crushed file from the MD to the MC. Then, I uncrushed the file that I just put on the MC to my MC giving me two files on the MC. One crushed and one uncrushed.

I had a feeling this was going to work because every other time, in the browser menu, the file would be listed as 620KB but this time, it was listed as 625KB. Obviously, when you uncrush a file from the MD to the MC, something gets lost or not transferred over.

Oh well. I'm so happy. I can keep playing 2K5 and avoid the temptation of buying Madden 2010 again since I now have an HDTV for my 360.

With my Xbox being sold earlier today, its onto finding a bulky PS2 and HDD.

THANK YOU bullitt and tarheelsunc for all your help. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #18
Rookie

TarHeelsUNC's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PlayStation 2 Action Replay Max Drive question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I tried switching the largest file from ps2 using an xbox file and it came up as corrupted data on the Max Drive when I put the PS2 disc in.

How can you use a PSP product for Max Drive files???

Can you give me a step by step process please. When I transfer the file (the default roster for example) to the Max Drive, it appears in a folder on my PC when I open the Max Drive (E drive).

The folder says - BASLUS-20919default (default being what I named the roster file since its the game's default roster)

Inside are the following -

BASLUS-20919default (581kb) - I know this is the main roster file which is crushed when it gets transferred to the Max Drive from the PS2 memory card

EXTRA File (1kb)
ICON System File (1kb)
TYPE File (1kb)
VIEW Icon (35.3kb)

Now, I know that the BASLUS-20919default file is obviously the game save and has to be put in the PS2 Save Builder program but what about the other four? And also when it says Root/ID, what exactly am I supposed to tye in there?

I have been putting BASLUS-20919 (or whatever the folder is named) as the name.

Also, do you save the file as an -

"AR Max Power Save [*.pws]"

or as an

"AR MAX V3 [*.max]" file?

Also, when you go to save it and it says file name, do you have to include .max or just what you want to name the file?

Thanks.
I posted the process in your other thread. keep the Root ID thing as whatever it is originally. It consists of the game's unique BASLUS code and then after that is the save name, but I've always found that changing the save name doesn't work for whatever reason so I just keep it as the original. Then delete the original BASLUS file and rename the SAVEGAME.DAT from the Xbox save to whatever the Root ID is (will be the same as the BASLUS file you just deleted). I save the files as .max, I actually don't even know what the powersave thing is.

The PSP product comes with a disc for transferring .max files from a "PSP" to a PS2, but flash drives work also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »