Home

Question - re: Playbooks

This is a discussion on Question - re: Playbooks within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Question - re: Playbooks

How do the Coaching tendencies that you can set in Finn's editor work with the Playbook that may be assigned to a team?

For example, if I set coaching tendencies to never use a Run play out of the Shotgun (value=0), does that actually hold in game for the CPU team, or will it still run out of the gun if the plays are in the playbook? When creating oldtime teams (1950's-1960's) I like to eliminate the Shotgun as an option for run and pass plays as it really did not come into play until the early 70's.

On that same note, which Playbooks are basically run-oriented which would go best with teams that have the coaching tendency set to >50% for running?

Thanks!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Question - re: Playbooks

cap.... I don't know your answers, but I do think that changing the coaching tendencies in game to drastic levels does affect it somewhat one direction or the other.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't believe the tendencies portion does jack squat, but the formations part does. I eliminated the "empty" set in a few early rosters and it applied in-game fine and I also set 86? Falcons to run out of a one back set and no two back sets (Riggs was a lone back) and that worked as well.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I don't believe the tendencies portion does jack squat, but the formations part does. I eliminated the "empty" set in a few early rosters and it applied in-game fine and I also set 86? Falcons to run out of a one back set and no two back sets (Riggs was a lone back) and that worked as well.
I may have misspoken...I think I meant formations as well if that is what is available on the Coaching tab in Finn's editor...where you set the % for each formation (Shotgun, I, Pro Set, Empty Backfield, etc).

And is it the Bucs playbook that gives the FB a decent amount of carries? Any others?

C
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah Capa- we're referring to the same thing. Yes, the Bucs give it to the FB. Washington's does too, I think (unless I was just subbing him in those spots).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

quick question why does the bucs playbook dissapear in the editor .. and in exhibition games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »