Home

AHHH! Frustrating game!

This is a discussion on AHHH! Frustrating game! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
AHHH! Frustrating game!

1987. In the playoffs (playing every playoff game). Rams at Cowboys (who shouldn't even be in the playoffs).

Ever have one of those games you couldn't win no matter what you did? I just finished one. Perfect play-calling and the cpu overloads the side of the run, even on audibles. Perfect pass call, 3 drops in wide open territory. Perfect defensive calls, Herschel Walker breaks 5 tackles en route to a TD. Still, I trailed just 14-9 in the third. I slowly march to the Cowboys 20. I shank a FG. Another drive in the fourth to the Cowboys 30. A perfect pass is caught! for a 20 yard gain... only to be fumbled. I challenge and win, only to realize it's 4th down! AH!!

Anyway, now that I've lost all my hair from pulling it out, I've vowed the Cowboys must lose. At all costs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: AHHH! Frustrating game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
1987. In the playoffs (playing every playoff game). Rams at Cowboys (who shouldn't even be in the playoffs).

Ever have one of those games you couldn't win no matter what you did? I just finished one. Perfect play-calling and the cpu overloads the side of the run, even on audibles. Perfect pass call, 3 drops in wide open territory. Perfect defensive calls, Herschel Walker breaks 5 tackles en route to a TD. Still, I trailed just 14-9 in the third. I slowly march to the Cowboys 20. I shank a FG. Another drive in the fourth to the Cowboys 30. A perfect pass is caught! for a 20 yard gain... only to be fumbled. I challenge and win, only to realize it's 4th down! AH!!

Anyway, now that I've lost all my hair from pulling it out, I've vowed the Cowboys must lose. At all costs.
That's one of the reasons I play the offense for both teams. The CPU can't replicate how an offense will adjust to certain trends. I use Bill Harris' slider set and it works well for me. I kick all field goals and I return all punts and kickoffs. I know you don't get a chance to play defense at all but to control just one team, it's hard to get realistic gameplay with realistic stats. Football video games have that drawback.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Tough break! What sliders are you using "dophin26"?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm using my own sliders (the ones that are included with the franchise file). The reg. season isn't overwhelmingly challenging, but the cpu really steps up in the post season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »