Home

FPM videos!!!!

This is a discussion on FPM videos!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2003, 08:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FPM videos!!!!

Do you guys see the ball or it's just me. For example I watched the punt return video 3 times and did not see the ball in the air.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:52 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

bdoughty said:
I just downloaded them all and I am pumped to play this mode on offense. Defense concerns me a little unless you plan to play a blitzing LB or DT/DE.

I hope, yet doubt they add the option to pick a camera for both offense and defense (like all the baseball games do now). I don't want to have to change everytime I switch from one to the other assuming I don't care to play defense that way.

From what I've read, First-Person isn't a camera, it's a mode of play. To play first person, you have to choose it before you start and play the whole game that way. At least I think that's the case.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:59 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

zx81 said:
Do you guys see the ball or it's just me. For example I watched the punt return video 3 times and did not see the ball in the air.

Same here. Probably just the poor video quality (and yes I watched the hi-res versions).

I must say, I'm a little skeptical about FPM. It looks real cool, but I have a feeling I'll be throwing picks and missing tackles like crazy. What worries me is that in all of those videos, you didn't see the person controlling the player do anything particularly spectacular. Aside from a decent run by Dunn and the completed pass to Moss, the rest of the plays were picks, fumbles, players not factoring into a defensive stop, and a short punt return.

I'm not worried about the game in general though, I'm treating FPM as icing on the cake that I'll try out online or in exhibition mode when I'm not playing my franchise.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:33 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm not sure if I'll be able to play in it or not, it's going to take some getting used to, but man do the graphics look amazing from first person view.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #21
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice videos...

I think FPM is a great new addition to Football gaming, but I don't think I will be able to play in this mode. I was getting dizzy just watching the videos on my 17" monitor, I can just imagine how bad it will be on my 36" TV.

Great idea, and I hope all will enjoy it, but it is not for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »