Home

Can you pump up the crowd in ESPN Football?

This is a discussion on Can you pump up the crowd in ESPN Football? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2003, 09:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can you pump up the crowd in ESPN Football?

I must admit, while not an essential feature I loved this touch by Sega way back when. I understand that the unskilled players abused this feature to earn a gameplay edge, but this WAS a really good feature that I sorely miss.
There is nothing cooler than 4th and goal, and your MLB/Safety pumping up the crowd for added noise. After all, we could all use the 12th man on the field in pressure situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Can you pump up the crowd in ESPN Football?

If they remove the glitch that went along with it, then yeah it would be nice to see in there. But it's not worth it if it's still able to be abused.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

I hope it is back for NFL2k4. I miss it. Playing by myself in Franchise Mode, it really gave me a sense of connection with my home crowd. They were actually responding to what I wanted them to do. Just like in the real NFL.

What is the 'abusive glitch' that people were talking about?
Old 08-06-2003, 03:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, I think that crowd noise should play a factor in the game. Like it won't let you audible when it's really loud and there will be greater chances for false starts and/or the offense won't get a great jump off the snap.

I like the idea of being able to pump up the crowd, but they shouldn't allow it to be abused. If it's 4th and short in the 4th quarter and the crowd is getting loud, you should be able to pump them up just a little more.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I never realized how important this little detail is. However there is a certain level of immersion that comes from pumping up the crowd in pressure situations.

In NFL2K1 (maybe 2K2?) you could pump up the crown with a LB, for example, and then buffer a series of repeated speed bursts. The end result was that your players would pump up the crowd, but once the ball was snapped, they would get a superb burst of speed and break through the Oline untouched. Pumping up the crowd at odd times became a strategy used by those who had no game or gameplan. It was very annoying to see how people rather have a cheap win, than a real win. Real win being one where you were smarter in your play calling than your opponent.

If you were quick changing players, you could get the entire team involved in the "pumping up the crowd" animation. If you were patient, you usually would get a penalty for excessive noise!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 04:28 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Yeah I miss this too. Hope it makes it's way back to the series.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

i asked for this on the wishlist....they dont have the pump up the crowd in the demo, i know cuz i tried....its a wait and see

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »