Home

Will there be realistic franchise stats this year for all players?

This is a discussion on Will there be realistic franchise stats this year for all players? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Will there be realistic franchise stats this year for all players?

If this has been discussed please forgive me, but a MAJOR concern is that there will be 10 4000 yard/ 45 td passers and stuff like that.

I wanna know if this kind of this will be gone by the new release. Also the sack issue and pancakes for the O-linemans

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Will there be realistic franchise stats this year for all players?

You will be able to set the length of simmed games and played games separately. Setting the length of simmed games to 5 minutes will produce more realistic stats. The length of the played games depends on how fast you select plays, get the snap off, etc.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Well Visual Concepts/Sega Sports has had a problem with this ever since NFL 2k.

However I remember Madden not getting it right or atleast wasn't close until 2001 PSX. I think Sega thinks it it important but they have other fish to fry and this isn't a "game-seller".

Old 08-11-2003, 04:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

JRod said:
Well Visual Concepts/Sega Sports has had a problem with this ever since NFL 2k.

However I remember Madden not getting it right or atleast wasn't close until 2001 PSX. I think Sega thinks it it important but they have other fish to fry and this isn't a "game-seller".

I understand if there are more important "fish" to take care of, but the stat issue is a pretty big deal as well. Sega MUST get this right! I'm not angry, but I'm just really adament that the stats need to simulate real life NFL numbers.

I know that Madden's stats were great last year aside from the sack totals and pancakes which are now fixed. So Madden's stats will be up there, but I'm just worried about ESPNs because I don't want the CPU player to get a 40 sack season every year!

This is just me, but if the stat bug isn't fixed in ESPN, then it's gonna be hard for me to decide which game to get. Before I thought about this, I was already decided on getting ESPN, but now I have to wait until I konw the results of a full season.

Old 08-11-2003, 04:21 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 32

MMan posted a franchise thread over at NFL2kx. He has stats over there. He had the beta.

link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 04:56 PM   #6
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

I get accurate stats by simming CPU games at 5 minutes, then I change it to 8 minutes when I play my game.

They need to change it to how it is done in NBA 2k3. Your game play length and your sim game length can be established seperately.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

AmenRa said:
I get accurate stats by simming CPU games at 5 minutes, then I change it to 8 minutes when I play my game.

They need to change it to how it is done in NBA 2k3. Your game play length and your sim game length can be established seperately.

Speaking of something being "established", we've already "established" in this thread that you can set the two separately. Perhaps you could read the thread before posting next time.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:57 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
If this has been discussed please forgive me, but a MAJOR concern is that there will be 10 4000 yard/ 45 td passers and stuff like that.

I wanna know if this kind of this will be gone by the new release. Also the sack issue and pancakes for the O-linemans

Thanks

I have the same concerns. It takes the fun out of running a franchise if the stats are all wacked. I have fun shooting for statistical goals within the league. Even if I don't meet them, at the very least I would still like to see realistic numbers from the cpu players. Or if my team doesn't make it to the Superbowl or whatever, I could still have fun with my players statistically having good seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »