Home

Stadium Music

This is a discussion on Stadium Music within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Stadium Music

There was a discussion a while back about XBox users being able to use ripped MP3s to play as music over the stadium PA, not just on the Crib's jukebox. But I can't seem to find the article that referenced this capability in the first place. I'm starting to wonder because I haven't heard anything about it in ESPN's new promo videos, or any of the Football Friday stuff. It's a pretty cool feature that I think would have received more attention if it were actually going to be in the game.

I hope this wasn't a case of a rumor that got blown out of proportion to the point that it became "fact". Can anyone point me to the article/interview where this was confirmed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 01:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Stadium Music

Go the GAMESPOT PIGSKIN PREVIEW message topic just below this topic. If you stream the video from the link the guys at gamespot mention that the Xbox version will allow you to rip your cd's to the crib mode jukebox and that the Stadium PA will pull tracks from there to play.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

chasmalgrat3 said:
Go the GAMESPOT PIGSKIN PREVIEW message topic just below this topic. If you stream the video from the link the guys at gamespot mention that the Xbox version will allow you to rip your cd's to the crib mode jukebox and that the Stadium PA will pull tracks from there to play.

I watched it yesterday...they specifically say that the music will be played over the stadium PA? I'll go check it out again now.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

chasmalgrat3 said:

I just scanned the video at Gamespot. I watched the preview of the game with the developer interview and I watched the comments by the Gamespot crew and found nothing related to playing your own MP3s. Are you sure you saw it there?
Old 08-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #5
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

I cant find it at gamespot is there a link for it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 02:19 PM   #6
Rookie

I am 100% sure XBOX owners will have this capability i just can't remember were I read that. It was officially stated not some info in a forum.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:23 PM   #7
Rookie

It WAS officially stated in the IGN preview. It said something about being able to hear Ludacris blaring out of the Georgia Dome. But if you check the IGN preview now, there is no mention of that any longer. Me thinks they took it out of the preview after VC told them that it was inaccurate and that feature wouldn't be in the game.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

jmarks2001 said:
It WAS officially stated in the IGN preview. It said something about being able to hear Ludacris blaring out of the Georgia Dome. But if you check the IGN preview now, there is no mention of that any longer. Me thinks they took it out of the preview after VC told them that it was inaccurate and that feature wouldn't be in the game.

Yea, I thought I was seeing things, but when you asked this question I looked at the IGN preview that they announced this, and it was gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »