Home

awsome Tv but 2k5 looks totally choppy!

This is a discussion on awsome Tv but 2k5 looks totally choppy! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: awsome Tv but 2k5 looks totally choppy!

You didn't click a button and find that out for yourself?

Ok, so I guess I earned that one. Seriously though...if I drop to 480P the game runs smoothly on 360 w/o the field lines flickering?

I'll have to test this...can't believe I didnt consider that before.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Ya..ya did. Hehe..... One thing I didn't know was that even though you might want to stay on 480, Finn tipped us off before that you can go 15:9 (which may only be optione as "stretch" or something like it on your flatscreen) or stay with conventional 4:3.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
Rookie

So I reduced to 480P and the game plays great! The choppiness is gone and the field lines flicker much less....It actually looks better (or maybe wishful thinking) than XBOX1 at the same resolution.

Thanks for the input!

How good is this game?!?! I owened Madden 11 and it just doesn't compare to the feel of 2k5. Would love to see 2K get back into the game with NCAA or NFL games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipKauf8
So I reduced to 480P and the game plays great! The choppiness is gone and the field lines flicker much less....It actually looks better (or maybe wishful thinking) than XBOX1 at the same resolution.

Thanks for the input!

How good is this game?!?! I owened Madden 11 and it just doesn't compare to the feel of 2k5. Would love to see 2K get back into the game with NCAA or NFL games...
You,me and 1,000's more
Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
Rookie

I'm new to 2k5 (and APF2k8) this year...so alot of this is new...

Yeah - I played a game at 480P on 360 last night (starting Franchise with Atlanta - original rosters)

anyway...this game is soooo good its laughable....I mean, its an XBOX 1 game and I continually replay plays because of the player interactions, fluidity, and beauty of the game....not too mention the sick presentation and stat overlays, game intros...just everything...

Going back to Madden11 just seems like a bad Idea....

APF2K8, ESPN 2K5, and NBA 2K11 are great. Shoot, I bought NBA 2K11 primarily to support 2K...that game is what the NBA should be.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #14
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19
Icon14 Re: awsome Tv but 2k5 looks totally choppy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipKauf8
I'm new to 2k5 (and APF2k8) this year...so alot of this is new...

Yeah - I played a game at 480P on 360 last night (starting Franchise with Atlanta - original rosters)

anyway...this game is soooo good its laughable....I mean, its an XBOX 1 game and I continually replay plays because of the player interactions, fluidity, and beauty of the game....not too mention the sick presentation and stat overlays, game intros...just everything...

Going back to Madden11 just seems like a bad Idea....

APF2K8, ESPN 2K5, and NBA 2K11 are great. Shoot, I bought NBA 2K11 primarily to support 2K...that game is what the NBA should be.
I feel the exact same way.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #15
Rookie

You know it's funny - I used to think NCAA11 was amazing - and I still like it but over the games and games I feel the telltale signs of an EA football game of late... the locomotion they added definitely helps but for my TRUE football fix I still go back to 2k5 or a 2k4 packers franchise (which i play on easier difficulty cause its my 'just for fun' chise).
M11 I have not touched much since buying - its better post patch 5 but every time i start thinking that i just pick up my ps2 and 2k5 and nope, they have miles to go still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
Rookie

I actually didn't care for NCAA11. Locomotion? Really? I mean...go back and play NCAA 2007 on PS2...awesome game that held my attention for years. Watch the players lean and cut...will feel much like, if not better, than 11's so called Locomotion. My biggest issue with EA is the gameplay has gotten substantially worse in the transition to the new consoles...and after 5-6 years...it's still not right.

I purchased an XBOX360 this year thinking Madden 11 and NCAA 11 were up to par...thankfully because they weren't I discovered ESPN NFL 2K5 and APF2K8! Kind of strange...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »