Home

Sega is killing me!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Sega is killing me!!!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #25
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sega is killing me!!!!!!!!

Come on guys...Lets just sing a song until ESPN comes out....wa-da-ya say eh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm just shocked there hasn't been an "EA caused the blackout to stop ESPN Football" thread. Seems like EA is the DEVIL around here. hehe just had a Waterboy flashback.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Mods? oh, MODS? Where are you.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:56 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

JayGibbons said:
The delay on Sega's part is genius. By waiting 3 weeks after Madden's release, Sega might not get killed in the sales figures again. Many of the fans who are bored of Madden after a few weeks will probably come running to buy ESPN (it's also closer to opening day, increasing the enthusiasm for the new product). They tried going toe to toe with Madden last year, and failed miserably, it'll be interesting to see if this new tactic works. Madden has history to sell it's product, Sega needs all the hype it can get.

It worked on me!
Old 08-16-2003, 01:22 AM   #29
Rookie

Numbskull's Arena

OVR: 1

I bought both games last year and I won't make the same mistake this year. I played about 15 minutes of Madden 2003 total. NFL 2k3 owned me on XBOX Live. You might have seen me on the leaderboard because I totally kicked people's asses in that game. Played through beta testing and everything. Played though 400+ games.

I am holding out on Madden this year to make sure that my sale helps Sega in their competition w/ Madden because I truly didn't make a difference last year.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:32 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just wondering if some of you played hte same demo of ESPN that I did. My friend just bought it and he said hte gmae just didn't play right. I went over to his house and tried it out,sure enough,worse then 2k3. The running style is so screwed up, its like a 14 yr old driving for he first time,start n stop, stop n start. I'm sure hte presentation will be tight,but the gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all. I loved NFL 2k and 2K1(dreamcast),they were so much better then Madden, but since Madden 02, I have bough that football gmae the past 3 years.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

DmoneyH3 said:
Just wondering if some of you played hte same demo of ESPN that I did. My friend just bought it and he said hte gmae just didn't play right. I went over to his house and tried it out,sure enough,worse then 2k3. The running style is so screwed up, its like a 14 yr old driving for he first time,start n stop, stop n start. I'm sure hte presentation will be tight,but the gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all. I loved NFL 2k and 2K1(dreamcast),they were so much better then Madden, but since Madden 02, I have bough that football gmae the past 3 years.

I have to agree with you there.....they need to fix the running animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »