Home

Still haven't seen a screen with dirty uniforms

This is a discussion on Still haven't seen a screen with dirty uniforms within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2003, 09:31 PM   #25
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Still haven\'t seen a screen with dirty uniforms

Quote:

playerX said:
Quote:

KymeraGB said:
the game is done already. I doubt there still programing for it

it might not be done, there are no reports that i know of that say ESPN has gone Gold.

You're exactly right, until the game goes gold, which will probably be later this week they can still work on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2003, 09:35 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Holic said:
Quote:

playerX said:
Quote:

KymeraGB said:
the game is done already. I doubt there still programing for it

it might not be done, there are no reports that i know of that say ESPN has gone Gold.

You're exactly right, until the game goes gold, which will probably be later this week they can still work on the game.

But they aren't going to be adding anything new. They are most likely just fixing up a few final bugs.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:59 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
I recommend playing in the shower for the rain games. Feels like you are actually there!

Sorry that I'm late on this thread, but I wanna post on this saying that this is the most hilarious post I've seen in 3 weeks on these boards!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:05 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

gippernation said:
Not having dirty uniforms is obviously not a game breaker. However, you must admit, that it definitely adds to the overall feel of the game. There’s nothing worse than playing a rain soaked game in Miami, only to see your power back’s uniform spotless in the 4th—totally takes away from the “realness” VC is aiming for. Is it minor complaint—yes. But nevertheless a legit one.

I agree, and I don't think it's minor. I will still get the game regardless, however I think it adds to the realism just like other aspects of the game contribute to the realism. It was always cheezy to see players dirty before a game. Talk about no suspension of disbelief. Any way, I am hoping it's in there and I think it will be.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:04 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

lnin0 said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:
LETS END THIS RIGHT NOW...greg thomas himself has said that they will not implement progressively dirty uniforms...it would be their sort of trademark for not doing so...it is clearly said in an os interview...so without further adue...no dirty uniforms

I read the interview and he never said that. Do you have a link to this quote? I saw in the forum about the interview someone joking around made the same false statement you did.

Also if you read through the interviw thread there is a beta tester that said everything in the beta was a clean uniform..even the rain games. So perhaps they are still working on implementing this feature and that is why the rain games in the beta stayed clean.

I know it is not critical to the gameplay but how cool would it be to see that kind of stuff.

Ha HA!!! Gooberstabone STRIKES AGAIN. Muhahahaaaaaaa.
I wrote that.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:09 AM   #30
Rookie

bgapfire's Arena

OVR: 2

With the technology that is present today, why buy a game that can't implement progressively dirty uniforms with great gameplay? I would not purchase the game if the uniforms do not get progressively dirty. Everyone has their own taste. I want my game to be as close as possible to the real thing. Yes, it is a video game, but things like dirty uniforms go a long way for the replay value. If my back has 37 rushing attempts in the rain, I expect for him to look as if he worked hard for his yards. It just adds another touch of realism for me and many others.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:03 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 12:14 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

bgapfire said:
With the technology that is present today, why buy a game that can't implement progressively dirty uniforms with great gameplay? I would not purchase the game if the uniforms do not get progressively dirty. Everyone has their own taste. I want my game to be as close as possible to the real thing. Yes, it is a video game, but things like dirty uniforms go a long way for the replay value. If my back has 37 rushing attempts in the rain, I expect for him to look as if he worked hard for his yards. It just adds another touch of realism for me and many others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »