Home

Scrambling QBs in 2k4 ?

This is a discussion on Scrambling QBs in 2k4 ? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2003, 04:04 PM   #9
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Scrambling QBs in 2k4 ?

Actually I've seen McNair, Garcia, and McNabb run alot in the demo. It just may be that you don't play D much in the demo but just watch the CPU against the CPU. You will see alot of scrambling
Old 08-17-2003, 04:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

kazan316 said:
Do you mean the CPU AI? Because if so, I'm not sure. Does Madden 2004 have this? I know 2003 didn't. If you mean, can you scramble with them, yes, if you see a good opening, and you are a guy like Vick or McNabb, then you can take off.

Yes Madden has it. I almost got rid of the game because Tuiasasopo(way wrong spelling) was running on me last night like he was Michael Vick. He ran half the time he dropped back. It looked like he just gave up on his guys, but who knows, it was ridiculous.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:48 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

I had Favre and McNabb take off on me in the Xbox demo. I actually like the new QB running. When you hold the right trigger (Xbox) they run just like everybody else on the field. I know people who use McNabb and Vick are going to love ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #12
Rookie

It was like that in 2k3 too.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:00 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:

jubjub said:
It was like that in 2k3 too.

Naw they didn't run that fast. In 2K3 when you held the trigger they ran in the normal running animation and not the QB one but they didn't go any faster. The demo you can actually outrun defenders with a good scrambler like McNabb. The QBs are way faster than in 2K3.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:03 PM   #14
Rookie

I can't tell any difference in them.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:10 PM   #15
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

jubjub said:
Quote:

kazan316 said:
Do you mean the CPU AI? Because if so, I'm not sure. Does Madden 2004 have this? I know 2003 didn't. If you mean, can you scramble with them, yes, if you see a good opening, and you are a guy like Vick or McNabb, then you can take off.

Yes Madden has it. I almost got rid of the game because Tuiasasopo(way wrong spelling) was running on me last night like he was Michael Vick. He ran half the time he dropped back. It looked like he just gave up on his guys, but who knows, it was ridiculous.

They have Tuiasosopo as a scrambling QB so that's one reason that he probably runs around too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #16
MVP

Theres a BIG difference. In 2K3 when you held the trigger it only changed the animation and not the speed of the QB. In the demo it changes the animation and speed and right before you throw it goes into a QB thowing animation. It's beautiful. One time I played with the Eagles and the D was getting a pretty good rush on me so I hit the trigger and ran back into the pocket. I could've ran it but I saw a open reciever down the field and right before I crossed the line of scrimmage I threw it to him for a first down. It's too bad you can't keep playing replays in th demo or save them like in the full game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »