Home

When will ESPN go gold?nt

This is a discussion on When will ESPN go gold?nt within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: When will ESPN go gold?nt

If you have enough companies making the discs it should only take 2 weeks at the most. It also depends on how many machines the company is using to make them. You usually get 25,000 discs per machine in a 12 hour shift. Then another 12 hours to print the art on those 25,000 discs. So depending on how many discs you need determines how early you start making and printing the discs and how many machines to use to get the job done.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM   #10
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
If you have enough companies making the discs it should only take 2 weeks at the most. It also depends on how many machines the company is using to make them. You usually get 25,000 discs per machine in a 12 hour shift. Then another 12 hours to print the art on those 25,000 discs. So depending on how many discs you need determines how early you start making and printing the discs and how many machines to use to get the job done.

Who the fudge told you this stuff

I learn something new everyday here at OS
Old 08-18-2003, 01:50 PM   #11
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:

Who the fudge told you this stuff

I learn something new everyday here at OS

For real, where did you find out about that? Yeah OS is an everyday learning experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 04:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm guessing late this week or early next week.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:47 PM   #13
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

You're talking about printing the disk only. Not even the whole approval process is being considered. What's "gold"? Are we talking when the developer submits for approval by the console maker, or are we talking about the time the approval is achieved. From a consumer perspective, I would only care about the point at which the developer says they are done. On the other hand, I could see it the other way as well.

Then we got the fact that we are in a very busy season in the video game industry. Games will have to "get in line".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »