Home

Just got my Game Informer...great ESPN review!

This is a discussion on Just got my Game Informer...great ESPN review! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2003, 10:41 AM   #9
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Just got my Game Informer...great ESPN review!

I don't like the part about the computer never going deep. This is the reason I completely stopped played 2k3 last year. That's just not realistic. Deep balls are a big part of NFL football.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:43 AM   #10
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

fishepa said:
I don't like the part about the computer never going deep. This is the reason I completely stopped played 2k3 last year. That's just not realistic. Deep balls are a big part of NFL football.

The developers said that the CPU will run and take chances down field; also, many OSers claim that they have witness the CPU throw down field and take off running, ala Vick and McNabb (this is from the 40% completed Demo)
Old 08-20-2003, 10:44 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

some quotes from the reviews that really bugged me

Quote:

GameInformer said: If you're a sim junkie, Madden is definetely the way to go. For all other play needs, however, you can't go wrong with ESPN. -REINER

Madden is more sim than ESPN? Yah, when was the last time I saw a 64-38 score in a football game?

Quote:

GameInformer said:In a genre infamous for its lack of innovation, ESPN blindsides gamers with two huge changes.

Again, they msut be confused w/ Madden, since ESPN innovates every year (frist footgall w/ 60 FPS, first w/ online, first to properly implement ESPN)

Quote:

GameInformer said:No, but I will say that apart from first-person mode, the gameplay changes aren't as drastic, heck, Franchise mode is basically the same.

Gameplay isnt drastic eh? LMAO, after the demo, it looked like a whole different game

Quote:

GameInformer said:However, ball velocity over the middle, while improved, still isn't as zippy as it needs to be, and one hold over from last year bothers me.

i think ESPN has the greatest ball physics of any football game

Quote:

GameInformer said:The CPU doesn't throw long. Even on the hardest setting, the computer never chucked a pass against me longer than 12 yards. In fact, Michael Vick never took off running, either. So, if you play alone, it's going to be dink and dunk.

This was addressed before in another thread, but I have to say that I did see long passes by the CPU as well in the demo. I wonder what they're smoking, and I want it.

Otherwise the reviews are alirght
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #12
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

feh the only review worth reading is done by people who know the game i.e. OS sports or Football-gaming......hmmm LBrulz said that theres going to be a movie blowout today and thursday anybody know when those vids are going to go up?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:00 AM   #13
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Cool reviews, thanks for typing them up.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Stevo said:
"I can't wait to rip my own music into the XBOX and chill out to it in my Crib while I take in some air hockey and doink my bobblehead

Stevo, Thanks again for going to the trouble of copying the reviews for those of us that do not get Game Informer (I know, I know, we should!!!!!) According to the review through there is still no confirmed word on the ripped music in our X-Boxes playing over the PA system during games. Its not a make or break feature for me (hurry September 2nd!!!!!), but I was looking forward to it. Hope we hear something soon (upcoming Football Friday???)
Old 08-20-2003, 07:33 PM   #15
B*nds*rv*nt *f Chr*st

OVR: 4

Much props Stevo! Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 10:17 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

York01 said:
Quote:

Stevo said:
"I can't wait to rip my own music into the XBOX and chill out to it in my Crib while I take in some air hockey and doink my bobblehead

Stevo, Thanks again for going to the trouble of copying the reviews for those of us that do not get Game Informer (I know, I know, we should!!!!!) According to the review through there is still no confirmed word on the ripped music in our X-Boxes playing over the PA system during games. Its not a make or break feature for me (hurry September 2nd!!!!!), but I was looking forward to it. Hope we hear something soon (upcoming Football Friday???)

Yes, I'm 100% sure you could listen to your music over the PA announcer. (I read it in an IGN article) I just looked up IGN to find the article, but, sorry, couldn't find it. But anyone else could back me up, right? (I know this forum went crazy when we found out that you could rip your own tracks)

By the way, No problem for typing up the article, it's my job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »